Distilled is going to disrupt the marketing industry.
We're looking for talented individuals to join our consulting team in Seattle.
At Distilled, we believe in a future where the biggest brands are built online.
As internet speeds increase and connected devices proliferate, there’s a constantly growing online audience for a brand’s content. At the same time, users are ignoring the clutter of advertising, and technology is increasingly protecting users from unwanted content and marketing messages.
The successful brands of the future - and their marketing - will have to be LOVED by audiences and consumers. We’re seeking to forge a future where that marketing begins on the web; where marketing is ‘online first’.
The job of a Marketing Consultant is varied. The role will involve:
- Working with some of the biggest brands in the world
- Defining and executing internet marketing campaigns on behalf of our clients
- Market and audience research to develop strategy and tactics
- On-site advice for clients in areas such as SEO optimization, content marketing, information architecture and technical issues
- Off-site strategies for content promotion, link acquisition, brand coverage
- Defining ways to increase measurement and influence throughout the entire customer lifecycle
- Working directly with clients, including talking & reporting to them on a regular basis
- Having individual freedom and responsibility to own problems and solve them in creative ways
While Distilled team members come from a variety of backgrounds, the ideal candidate:
- is likely to hold a Bachelor's degree
- is extremely comfortable & competent using the internet
- is often trying to reverse engineer business models or marketing strategies
- has dabbled in areas unfamiliar to them - such as coding, design or writing - just to see how it works, or to launch their own side projects
- is happy to switch between making technical recommendations, generating content ideas, discussing marketing ideas & managing relationships with clients
- has demonstrated passion and success at solving hard problems.
Since we were founded, our purpose has been to help make awesome companies successful; we first did that by building websites, then through Search Engine Marketing, and now through a much broader mix of online-marketing techniques. We believe our team will be better placed than anyone to help the brands of the future; in a world of ‘online first’ marketing, our approach will be much better and more cost effective than any other competitor.
We’re working hard to build a team that is incredibly online-savvy, with an exceptional ability to unpack a client’s marketing problems, build an effective strategy and then execute on it.
How are we doing that?
We’re continuing to invest effort in leveling-up the company in many ways: from gaining experience in new marketing techniques, to developing our creative processes, to improving how we measure the value of our work across the whole customer lifecycle.
As we grow, we’re not just improving our marketing skills, but our consulting abilities as well. Our clients have bigger and harder challenges than at any time in the past, which demands that we don’t stop developing our ability to find the right answers and effect change within organizations.
We’re working to find and develop the very best marketing consultants. Some of our new team members have been in a similar industry for years while others have no marketing or consulting background - but each of them has shown that they are talented and can get things done.
Distilled believes in creating the Best Place for the Best People to Work
We may not have achieved this goal yet, but we’re working on it.
From Day 1 you’ll be contributing to real projects, as well as working alongside - and learning from - some of the smartest people in the industry. We’ll quickly give you ownership of your own clients, and access to all the resources you need to be successful on those projects.
You’ll find a constructive and supportive environment at Distilled. Since we value people who are great at communication and great at giving and receiving feedback, you can expect to find colleagues who wear their heart on their sleeve and will always find time to help you develop in your role.
You’ll also find us friendly and flexible. Happy hours and Learnches (learning-lunches, get it?) are regular events, as is our weekly Beer o’ Clock. Although we know everyone has to hustle hard from time-to-time, we do aim for a 35-hour work week - and we’ve always been flexible about letting you schedule your time around appointments, working from home, etc.
On top of salary, Distilled offers access to a 401k plan - and we’ll match a portion of your contributions. (Free money!)
Our US employees are covered by a fantastic health insurance package (including long and short term disability), with premiums 100% paid by Distilled.
Every employee gets 20 days paid-time-off (in addition to 6 national holidays and 5 sick days each year.)
Your ‘new starter kit’ includes a laptop and extra monitor, a Kindle with some great books and a $1,200 annual personal budget (aka ‘Happiness Budget’) to spend on anything that will make you happier and more productive at work.
More about Distilled
Distilled is an online marketing company with a creative eye. The team is now over 70 people, spread across 3 cities - our headquarters in London as well as offices in New York and Seattle. We’ve taken no funding, and our founders - Will and Duncan - are still the majority owners.
Distilled is passionate about sharing knowledge. We share with our community through our blog, regular spots on other industry-leading sites, training resources, industry reports and free videos. Extensive modules help people master the art of search marketing at our online university, Distilled U, and we run our own series of industry-leading conferences in London, Boston and San Diego.
Our operations team consists of technical experts, marketers, brand advocates, stats geeks, developers, designers, and content marketers. We all push our clients to be exceptional.
You’ll be joining an ambitious company where there are lots of opportunities to grab something and make it your own. Working at Distilled is hard but exciting, and we are always encouraging our team to do amazing things.
- Rob joined as a Junior Consultant in our London office and has worked in many different roles - he's now the VP in charge of our Seattle office.
- Lynsey joined as PA to the directors and is now our Head of Marketing & Events, running our conferences worldwide & taking ownership of marketing the Distilled brand.
We’re currently looking for new team members to join our Seattle office.
Analysts are typically new to the industry, or have less than 1-2 years experience. Think of this role as a 'junior consultant' - it is very geared towards supporting projects, and learning as much and as fast as possible, with a view to you becoming a Consultant within 6-12 months. Salaries are typically around $40,000 - $50,000.
Consultants and Senior Consultants are more experienced, and run multiple accounts of their own. Salaries are in the range of $50,000 - $70,000 and up, dependent on experience and ability.
(NB: Our online application process ensures we have all the necesary information, and that your application will be seen. Please do not call or email to apply.)