At Distilled, we’re a team of over forty tech-savvy marketing experts, across our offices in London, New York and Seattle.Every team member contributes to us delivering results for our clients, and everyone is encouraged to work smarter, take ownership and get things done.
We're looking for an organized self-starter who can manage the day-to-day administration of our U.S. offices.
You will be responsible for general office management tasks as well as supporting the finance/accounting and HR side of the business.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Be the go-to person for day-to-day general administrative needs for the Seattle and New York teams
- Assist with billing (preparing and sending out invoices, organizing client information)
- Assist with the reconciliation of all U.S. bank accounts and credit cards
- Work with People Operations to coordinate new hire on-boarding, benefits administration, employee appreciation and employee off-boarding
- Serve as the liaison with the landlords for general office maintenance and health & safety etc.
- Assist in planning and facilitating office events
- Maintain a clean, tidy, and functioning office
- Manage kitchen and office supplies
- Maintain an amazing office environment, ensuring a highly efficient and fun working environmentAnswer phones, welcome visitors, receive mail & packages
This list is simply a summary of your major responsibilities, but, as with any role in a small, agile company, you will be asked to go above and beyond this list.
You will be unflappable, diligent and have the capability and intelligence to take the lead with the tasks assigned to you, as well as the ability to spot inefficiencies and take initiative to streamline processes.
- Experience in an office management, personal assistant, or similar detail-oriented role preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn other technology skills, as needed
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and driven by deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible and proactive attitude
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance/benefits (including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage)
- 5% 401(k) with company match
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized metro card
- A laptop and second monitor
- A $1200 personal budget so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work such as a new flashy monitor, a new office chair, laptop upgrade or professional training
- A Kindle, pre-loaded
- Company-funded drinks and snacks on Friday afternoons
- 20 days paid time-off, six national holidays, and five sick days each year