At Distilled, we’re a team of over fifty tech savvy SEO enthusiasts, stat geeks, developers, designers, and creative marketers. We have three offices in London, New York and Seattle, and we work smarter and more efficiently to deliver results for each of our clients. We get search, we get marketing, we get business, and we get things done.
We're looking for an organized self starter who can oversee the day-to-day administration and finance responsibilities in our U.S. offices.
As a finance assistant and office manager, you will be responsible for bookkeeping, finance administration, general office management tasks as well as some EA responsibilities. You will report to the COO in London and be based in our Seattle office.
Your main accounting responsibilities will include:
- Bookkeeping and producing management accounts for the US subsidiary;
- Monthly financial reporting for both the Seattle and New York offices to the Head of Finance based in the UK;
- Cash flow and profit and loss forecasting;
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts, credit cards, intercompany account, revenue;
- Ownership of all accounts receivable and payable;
- Credit control;
- Ownership of payroll and staff benefits;
- Administering departmental budgets;
- Liaising with accountants and closing year end accounts;
- Liaising with tax authorities, ensuring returns are filed on time and ensuring all taxes are paid;
- Managing US accounts payable and paying vendors on time;
- Invoicing clients, answering client billing questions, and maintaining an accounts receivable aging schedule
You will also have some responsibilities for:
- Team Happiness:
- keeping the Seattle office organized
- purchasing anything from snacks to technology as needed
- planning and organizing the Seattle team events
- maintaining our list of active clients & billing schedules
- reporting on various business performance metrics
This list is simply a summary of your major responsibilities, but, as with any role in a small, agile company, you will be asked to go above and beyond this list.
You will be unflappable, diligent and have the capability and intelligence to take the lead with the tasks assigned to you as well as the ability to spot inefficiencies and take initiative to streamline processes.
- Accounting experience or a relevant degree;
- Proficient in Excel;
- Experience using Quickbooks is preferred;
- Experience in an office management, personal assistant, or similar detail-oriented role preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance/benefits (including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage)
- 5% 401(k) with company match
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized metro card
- A laptop and second monitor
- Flexibility around working from home
- A $1200 personal budget so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work such as a new flashy monitor, a new office chair, laptop upgrade or training
- A Kindle with a few books pre-loaded
- Company-funded drinks and snacks on Friday afternoons
- 20 days paid time-off, six national holidays, and five sick days each year