From SEO and technical consulting to creative content and digital PR, Distilled helps businesses make the most of the online world. We’re looking for smart, motivated and passionate SEO consultants to join our fast-growing team in New York.
Our New York team takes an agile, hands-on approach to creating real business value for clients. We’ve worked with a range of clients — from Fortune 500 brands to VC-backed startups. We’re a close-knit group who support each other in leveling up and providing the best value to our clients. If you are boldly curious and enthusiastic, like datasets and numbers, and want to be part of a company where you’ll be more than just a cog in the wheel, we want to hear from you!
About the role
Our SEO Consultants develop and deliver custom digital marketing plans for each of our clients. We unpack a client’s marketing problems, build an effective strategy, and execute on it. It’s work that takes cutting-edge technical skills and insightful analysis.
As a part of the consulting team, you will:
- Develop organic search strategies and understand how those will interact with other digital channels
- Recommend and prioritize fixes for technical issues that could impact SEO performance
- Recommend content marketing, digital PR, and creative projects in support of organic search strategies
- Create justifications for your recommendations taking into account your client's budgets and brand strategy
- Analyze campaign performance and improve through iteration
- Manage timelines, expectations, and deliverables to ensure clients’ campaigns are completed on-time and within budget
- Nurture and develop client relationships
Working one on one with 3-4 clients, you will be their main point of contact at Distilled. You must be comfortable with taking ownership of problems as well as solutions. Your clients should be happy with the work you do and feel confident that it aligns with their business objectives.
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing with experience in organic search optimization projects
- Strong knowledge of all elements of search optimization: on-page, off-site, and technical
- Familiarity with SEO tools such as Deep Crawl, Screaming Frog, Searchmetrics, Google Webmaster Tools, and SEMrush
- Experience with Google Analytics, Omniture/SiteCatalyst, and other analytics platforms
- Have worked collaboratively with developers and digital marketers
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and thinking outside the box
- Are resourceful and can adapt to situations where technical resources are limited
- Are curious about the world around you, new technology, and why stuff works the way it does
- Comfortable challenging yourself to do better every day, asking for feedback and acting on it
- Willing to hold yourself accountable for delivery on client commitments
- Ready to empathize with your team and earn your clients’ trust
- Competitive Salary
- 5% 401(k) with company match
- Subsidised gym membership
- Subsidised metro card
- A laptop and second monitor
- A $1200 personal budget so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work such as a new flashy monitor, a new office chair, laptop upgrade or training
- A Kindle with a few books pre-loaded
- Company-funded drinks and snacks on Friday afternoons
- 20 days paid time off, 6 national holidays, and 8 sick days each year