Digital PR plays a crucial role at Distilled. As a member of the Creative team, you will work alongside Creative Leads, Senior Designers and a Project Manager to help a wide range of businesses grow their brands online.
The ideal candidate will possess a solid idea of what makes something newsworthy and a sound understanding of the needs of journalists. You’ll need to plan, research and deliver promotional campaigns, including creative content ideas, blogger outreach campaigns, traditional press campaigns and other activities that contribute toward clients’ goals. Building relationships with influential journalists and bloggers, identifying news hooks and pitching stories to relevant media in order to gain coverage is key to the role.
Each day will be different but a typical day could include:
- Devising PR strategies to complement our creative projects and influence journalists.
- Assisting on the ideation and execution of creative content, ensuring each piece of content meets the needs of the publishers we intend to target
- Analysing data to identify the strongest stories and translating them into easily digestible press assets
- Seeking out, building relationships with and pitching to relevant influencers and journalists
- Reporting on the results of promotional campaigns and understanding how this provides ROI
- Planning and implementing paid social media campaigns to support the outreach of our creative pieces
You must be comfortable with taking ownership of problems as well as solutions and ensuring that the work you do meets our client's’ business objectives.
You will have at least 1 years experience working in PR or digital marketing and will have delivered exceptional results for your clients, be that coverage or social shares. During that time, you will have developed a range of skills including:
- A solid understanding of journalism and what makes a story
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Confidence to pick up the phone and speak to journalists, building relationships with key influencers and journalists, and maintain an ever growing network of contacts
- Ability to research, plan, implement and report on digital PR and outreach campaigns
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Some knowledge of paid social promotion (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
We’re very interested in applicants who have a background in content strategy and have developed related skills, such as:
- Experience leading audience research projects (everything from customer surveys, creating personas, studying audience behaviour on a website, etc.)
- The ability to write copy for a variety of purposes: anything from industry white papers to social copy
- Experience in writing attention-grabbing, share-earning headlines
- Experience writing and editing on a tight deadline
- Knowledge and experience of Digital Marketing including Content Marketing, basic SEO and Social Media
- Experience using and understanding Google Analytics
- Knowledge of how to edit a piece of content and look for copy errors, structural issues, information gaps, whether it has the right tone of voice, and whether or not it fits the intended audience.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Subsidised private healthcare and life insurance
- 5% pension matching
- Subsidised gym membership
- A Kindle with a few books pre-loaded
- A £750 happiness budget so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work such as a new flashy monitor, a new office chair, laptop upgrade or training, tickets to conferences, books etc.