Digital PR plays a crucial role at Distilled. Part of the global promotions team, the Digital PR Executive will work alongside Consultants, the Creative Team and Content Strategists to help a wide range of businesses - from startups to worldwide brands - grow their business online.
The ideal candidate will possess a solid idea of what makes something newsworthy and a sound understanding of the needs of journalists. The main responsibilities involve working with colleagues to plan, research and deliver promotional campaigns, including creative content ideas, blogger outreach campaigns, traditional press campaigns and other activities that contribute toward clients’ goals. Building relationships with influential journalists and bloggers in order to gain coverage for our clients will be a key part of the role, as will reporting on results.
Each day will be different but a typical day could include:
- Working with digital marketing consultants to come up with a PR strategy to help our clients grow their business online
- Working with consultants to set project objectives that campaigns will be measured against
- Working with the creative team on the ideation and execution of creative content, ensuring each piece of content meets the needs of the publishers we intend to target
- Executing campaigns that are survey-focused and/or include the addition of a whitepaper or report
- Seeking out, building relationships with and pitching to relevant influencers and journalists
- Reporting on the results of promotional campaigns and understanding how this provides ROI
Ultimately, you will be accountable for all work carried out on the projects that you lead. You must be comfortable with taking ownership of problems as well as solutions and ensuring that the work you do meets our clients’ business objectives.
You will have more than three years experience working in digital marketing and will have driven exceptional results for your clients. During that time, you will have developed a range of skills including:
- 2+ years' experience in PR, either in-house or agency side across B2B and B2C markets
- Solid understanding of journalism and a keen news sense
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to build relationships with key influencers and journalists, and maintain an ever growing network of contacts
- Sound copywriting skills
- Ability to research, plan, implement and report on campaigns
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well within a team
We value communication very highly and it’s part of our manifesto, you will be a great communicator both externally and internally. We also encourage a culture of open feedback so you should be comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Subsidised private healthcare and life insurance
- 5% pension matching
- Subsidised gym membership
- A laptop and second monitor
- Flexibility around working from home
- A Kindle with a few books pre-loaded
- A £750 happiness budget so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work such as a new flashy monitor, a new office chair, laptop upgrade or training
- Company-funded drinks and snacks on Friday afternoons