San Diego - 26th & 27th March, 2018
Power up your skills over two days, with cutting edge digital marketing presentations. From analytics and optimization, to content and paid promotions, all the crucial topics are covered. You’ll join the rest of the search community at the amazing Paradise Point resort.
Day 1 – Monday 26th March
From Organization-Centric to Customer-Centric
Dana DiTomasoKick PointCustomers don't look to brands for great marketing experiences — they focus on their own personal needs. Sounds simple, right? But as marketers, we're often too focused on our expectations of what our brand is that we fail to see things from our customers' point of view. Whether you are an agency or part of an in-house marketing team, join Dana as she walks you through how to understand customer needs, so that your brand serves your customers instead of vice-versa.
Featured Snippets: From Then to Now, Volatility, and Voice Search
Rob BucciSTAT Search AnalyticsFeatured snippets are still a large, first place presence on the SERPs, providing significant opportunities to heighten site visibility, drive major traffic, and help digital assistants do their thing. Armed with fresh data and analysis, Rob Bucci will walk you through the evolution of featured snippets, how you can win them with searcher intent, why you’re likely to hang onto them for the long haul, and what they mean to voice search.
Real Lessons in Growth Marketing... From Watching Romantic Comedies
Alexa HubleyUnbounceThe goal of most online marketers is lead generation... but that's only half the picture. The other half is what you do to grow your leads into happy customers. In her session, Alexa will be taking us through a framework for romancing customers through personalisation, a campaign that generated $600,000 in annual recurring revenue in just six months, and her how-to guide to creating relationships with customers.
Video: Search and Discovery
Justin BriggsBriggsbyThe intersection of search and video provides one of the most underpriced opportunities in content marketing today. Justin is going to present the strategy, tools, and tactics behind video-based content marketing. You’ll learn about the current state of video SEO in Google, as well as the YouTube algorithm.
An Introduction to HTTP/2 & Service Workers for SEOs
Tom AnthonyDistilledHTTP/2 and Service Works are becoming more established, yet the SEO community lacks awareness of what they are what they may mean for us. A lot of us know we need to know about them but we manage to keep putting it off. However, for both of these technologies, the next 12 months are going to be the turning point where we really can't avoid learning more about them. Tom will provide and accessible introduction to both, with a focus on what they are, how they work and what SEOs need to know. If you have been scared of jumping in to them until now, this session will help get you up to speed.
Using Analytics to Drive Optimization and Personalization
Krista SeidenGoogleGetting the most out of your optimization efforts means understanding and using the data you have to drive growth for your business. In this session, Krista will walk you through several tips for using analytics data to empower your optimization efforts, and then takes it further by showing you how to up-level your efforts to take advantage of personalization, from mass scale all the way down to individual user actions.
Site Speed for Digital Marketers
Mat ClaytonMixcloudWe all know that site speed matters not only for users but also for search rankings. As marketers, how can we measure and improve the impact of site speed? Mat will cover a range of topics and tools, from the basic quick wins to some of the more surprising and cutting-edge techniques used by the largest websites in the world.
Demand Creation - How Marketers Can Incite Hunger Rather Than Just Serving Food
Rand FishkinMozDigital marketers are technical, creative, and data-driven. Our skills are in high demand because we can deliver exceptional ROI. But all of us have, in our careers, faced the challenge of trying to market when the demand just doesn't exist or competing for the scraps Google, Facebook, and our competition have left to "the little guys." Serving demand is the bread and butter of a web marketer, but there is another way - demand creation. For the truly new spaces and those so competitive as to be barely-ROI-positive, it's a strategy worthy of investment. In this presentation, Rand will walk through ways to use the skills we have in a new way - to create demand for our products rather than attracting those already likely to buy.
Day 2 – Tuesday 27th March
10 Steps to Make Power BI Help You Bust Silos in Search and with the C-suite
Wil ReynoldsSEER InteractiveLet's be honest, SEOs, when is the last time you tore through a search query report? And PPC folks, when is the last time you sought the impact of rich snippets on CTRs and CPCs? In this presentation, Wil will show 10 ways you can use Power BI to visualise your way to explain to the C-suite how various parts of search integrate and affect one another.
Marketing Emergencies: A Survival Guide
Sarah EstermanBumped$hit happens. Whether the link in your latest email blast doesn't go to where it's supposed to, you've accidentally removed your site from Google, or you've made an embarrassing spelling mistake in your latest campaign, surviving a marketing emergency is all about keeping your cool and knowing what to do next. This session will be your practical guide to creating your own marketing emergency response plan.
Local Search Hacks You Probably Haven’t Seen Before
Darren ShawWhitesparkLocal search has seen an explosion of change over the last year. Tactics that used to work like gangbusters are now just table stakes. In this talk, Darren will show you bleeding edge local search tips and tactics that you can implement immediately to boost your local search rankings.
Reuse, Recycle: How to Repurpose Your Content and Make the Big Bucks
Ashley WardSEMrushCreating content that can be reused is an effective way to extend the life of your content, increase its views, and reach your content marketing goals. Ashley will be demonstrating how to find the content which should be reused, the rules to follow when reusing your content, and how to analyze the effectiveness of this recycled content and which tools will best help us find ROI. You can expect to walk out of this content session with a strategic plan to take back to your office with on how to recycle your content at low costs and achieve high ROI.
Aleyda SolisOraintiThere are many reasons why you might change the URLs for a page, section, or entire site. In this presentation, Aleyda will cover her experiences, and present data for what happens during web migrations, http/https switches, adding rel=canonical or hreflang, creating Accelerated Mobile Pages and more.
Smarter Reporting with Data Studio
Brandy LawsonFieryfxLeave the energy-wasting agony of useless, ignored reports behind. Learn how to use Google Data Studio to create reports that take less time, contain more insights, and bring the dream of data-driven decisions into reality. Using auto-updating dashboard-style reports, transform your reporting time from data-thrashing to exploring insights and highlighting the actual return of SEO activities to the business.
Newsjacking: How To Add to the Story and Earn Big Links in Real Time
Ryan CharlesHireAHelperWe live in a world of real-time news and instant responses. As marketers, this gives us more opportunity than ever to become part of a story and earn links. It’s more affordable and less time consuming than you think, and anyone can do it. But using that tool comes with its own risks, special considerations, and unique rewards, as Ryan Charles found out. After years of newsjackings both big and small, his team completely newsjacked the news of the San Diego Chargers NFL franchise relocating to L.A. Learn from Ryan on how to potentially facilitate big, viral moments, how to best manage them when you get one, and how to add to the story without being a “Newsjackass”.
From the Horse’s Mouth: What We Can Learn from Google’s Own Words
Will CritchlowDistilledIf you pay close enough attention, you can learn all kinds of things from what Google does and doesn’t say in public. From patents to official statements, to comments that Googlers leave on message boards, there is a wealth of information out there that hints at what they really think. In this presentation, Will is going to work through some of the most significant official announcements and the most insight-heavy comments and leaks of Google’s first 20 years. You’ll come away from this presentation not only with a deeper understanding of the search giant, but also with the tools to understand and interpret future statements and leaks.
SearchLove jump started my career and changed the way we do online marketing. Anyone who works in this industry needs to be there.Chase Richards, Kaplan International.
Check out some clips of industry leaders speaking at previous SearchLove conferences.
Keep me informed about this and other conferences
Every session takes place in the same room. That means no difficult decisions and no rushing around between presentations.
Get feedback on your website at a site clinic.
Keynote style sessions
Our in-house team looks after every detail: fresh food prepared with local ingredients, rock-solid wi-fi and that chilled beer when you're finished for the day.
After a busy time learning, unwind at our lunches and parties. Hang out with the people you've been chatting to online and make new contacts.
Clink glasses with all the speakers at this exclusive gathering. The small group will tuck into gourmet food and wine while talking through any hot topics in online marketing.
Glowing fires, evening sun, a beer in your hand. The Pool Lawn makes for a vibrant party atmosphere where plenty of food and a generous drinks tab will keep us all in high spirits.
These drinks serve up another chance to speak to anyone you missed the day before. Wind-down and exchange contact details as the waves lap by the Baleen Lounge.
Set to the backdrop of beautiful Mission Bay, Paradise Point combines beach-side charm with high tech facilities and modern comfort. Rock solid Wi-Fi will keep delegates online, as they place their laptops on the desks in the classroom-style setting.
Make the most of your time in Paradise by staying in sunny Mission Bay. We have discounted rates onsite at Paradise Point. For only $219 per night (plus taxes), you can enjoy the tranquil resort setting and be close to other delegates and speakers.
Once you add a conference ticket to your basket, you can book your hotel nights on the following page. Once you've paid for your ticket and hotel nights, we'll be in touch to confirm your hotel details and get the nights arranged with Paradise Point for you.
- Meet your industry peers and compare experiences
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest actionable techniques to use back in the office
- Widen your field of knowledge on a diverse range of topics
The whole vibe is amazing! You get the latest trends, tips and cases from speakers who actually want to speak openly about search, and not just show off their success. It is the single most inspirational event I have ever attended. Morten Bergestad.
- Be inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest techniques to use back in the office
- Get to know your industry peers and compare experiences
- Widen your field of knowledge across a diverse range of topics
Relevant topics, fact based analysis, real-life examples and engaging speakers gave sound advice and really reminded me why I love SEO. I'll definitely be back next year. James Bavington, Creare Group.
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn how to integrate marketing campaigns for optimum effect
- Hear about predictions and future trends in search
- Share experiences and ideas with other people in the industry
Expect to be entertained, educated and instilled with confidence either that you are doing the right things or knowing exactly what to do to improve. Katherine Dawson, Owner & Creative Director of Strategy Digital.
- Get to grips with all the latest skills and techniques
- Be inspired by success stories from a diverse range of companies
- Ask questions to industry leaders who run businesses
- Spend focused time on the most relevant topics
Distilled events cut through all of the industry hype to focus on sensible and practical advice that I can use in my business right now. Ade Lewis, Teapot Creative.
- Can I pay via invoice / purchase order number?
- Yes, email us at email@example.com for full details. The invoice must be paid immediately on receiving the invoice.
- Are there any group discounts?
- Yes, we offer buy 4 get 1 free, buy 8 get 2 free, and so on. If these aren’t suitable, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do I need to be an expert to attend the conference?
- Not at all, people of all experience levels are welcome. We do pitch our sessions at an advanced level to make sure the content is new and inspiring. However, if there is something that you are unclear on, please come and chat to one of our team or a fellow delegate during the breaks. We’re a friendly bunch!
- Will I receive a paper ticket?
- No, we don’t issue any paper tickets for our conferences. Instead, you should receive a confirmation email once you have purchased your ticket(s). Then, when you arrive at registration on the morning of the conference, you will need to come to the desk and collect your lanyard.
- What are the timings on the day?
- On day 1, registration opens at 8am, and the first session starts at 9am. The last session finishes at around 5.30pm followed by our networking party. On day 2, the first session starts at 9.15am, and the last session finishes at around 5pm followed by our industry drinks.
- Are refreshments provided?
- Very much so! A delicious lunch is provided to all delegates, as well as a light breakfast, plus coffee, tea and snacks throughout the day.
- Will I receive the slides after the conference?
- Yes, all the slides are linked to from our live page: distilled.net/live. This is also where you can provide feedback for our events team and our speakers
- Are there opportunities to ask the speakers questions?
- Yes, there are lots of networking opportunities throughout the two days: during the breaks, at the party and industry drinks, as well as the VIP dinner. We also try to schedule a Q&A with the speaker after each presentation.
- Is this event for me? I am in-house / agency / freelance / a business owner.
- Yes, it’s for everyone. We cover a wide variety of topics and areas. Read more in the ‘Is this for me?’ section on each conference’s promotional page.
- Will the conference be recorded?
- Yes, we film all of our conferences and you can purchase a video ticket in the tickets section. Alternatively, if you’re a paid member of DistilledU, you will receive all of our conference videos for free.
- Can I pitch to speak at the conferences?
- You can submit a pitch to speak at SearchLove here: https://goo.gl/forms/mFbgUFQSucgLJEUT2
- What is the Site Clinic?
- These sessions are first come first served and are by appointment only – email us at email@example.com to book a slot. We will respond with a series of questions about your site so that our consultants can prepare for your appointment ahead of time. There are very limited spaces for the clinic, and your appointment will last no longer than ten minutes, so please arrive on time.
- VIP Dinner? Tell me more!
- For VIP ticket holders only, the dinner is a fantastic chance to spend time with the conference’s expert speakers. We always choose an up-market venue with a private dining room, delicious food and wine. This is a not-to-miss evening!
- Topic Tables - what are they?
- We host a number of lunchtime discussion groups. These take place on the first day during the lunch break. You can book your place at the morning registration. The tables are a great opportunity to ask questions, offer advice, give feedback and make some new industry contacts.
- Future Conferences - can I be kept informed?
- To be the first to hear about the conference series, sign up for Email Alerts here