Machine Learning and Techincal SEO
Britney MullerMozBritney made her way out to Colorado after graduating from the University of MN to fulfil her dream of being a snowboard bum (*cough* and because she couldn't find a job). In her downtime, she began learning about SEO and how to build websites. With her growing skillset, Britney founded Pryde Marketing, a boutique medical marketing agency in 2013 and is now the Senior SEO Scientist at Moz and the face of Whiteboard Friday.
Big Data & SEO
Wil ReynoldsSEER InteractiveIn 2002, Wil Reynolds started Seer Interactive out of his living room after seeing the need for an agency that does right by its team, clients and community. Recently taking a “Big Data” approach to client work, he has broken down marketing-channel barriers to bring teams together to glean insights and make educated, cross-channel decisions that were previously impossible.
Amy HebdonPaid Search MagicAmy is a talented visual artist who’s interested in behavioral economics and is drawn to statistics and puzzles of logic. Her PPC magical power is creating paid search account structures that drastically improve results.
Future of Search / SEO
Will CritchlowDistilledWill is the Founder and CEO of Distilled, and a SearchLove regular. He regularly speaks at conferences around the world sharing his thoughts on the future of digital trends and digging into Google documentation in an attempt to help all digital marketers understand search better.
How to Deal with Imposter Syndrome
Tiffany Da SilvaDaSilva ConsultingTiffany has spent the last 15 years working on over 500 websites in both SEO & PPC. She's been written about on Mashable, Search Engine Journal, SERoundtable among others and teaches SEO/SEM at McMaster University. As the founder of Flowjo.co, she develops tools to help you work, play and grow like The Growth Hacking Box & The Self Care Bucket List.
Content Strategy for SEO and Lead Generation
Andy CrestodinaOrbit Media StudiosAndy is a co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer of Orbit Media, an award-winning 38-person digital agency in Chicago. Over the past 18 years, Andy has provided digital marketing advice to 1000+ businesses and is an expert in SEO, analytics and content.
SEO A/B Testing
Emily PotterDistilledEmily is currently a lead consultant for DistilledODN and responsible for running SEO A/B tests for our clients. An American abroad, Emily graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 2016 where she studied creative writing, sociology and also dabbled in mathematics and economics for fun.
Cyrus ShepardZyppyCyrus is an SEO, online marketer, content publisher, speaker, and writer. He has years of experience building highly qualified traffic through SEO and content marketing. He loves building successful consumer websites, online commerce, search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, product development and growth.
Francine RodriguezWordstreamFrancine is an international PPC specialist. Last year she was one of our community speakers at SearchLove Boston and ended up as one of the top-rated speakers. Pretty impressive! She’s coming over to the west coast to deliver a fully expanded version of her lessons in international PPC.
Matthew BrownMJBLabsMatthew is currently consulting for companies who need help with audience development, investment advisory, marketing growth, SEO, product management and design. He previously worked as Chief of Product Strategy and Design at Moz, and wore many hats, serving in a number of leadership roles on the Product, Marketing, and R&D departments as well as on the executive team.
Kameron JenkinsSoapboxlyKameron is the Director of Brand, Content & Communications at Botify. Her digital marketing career has taken her all over the place – from blogging & copywriting to SEO, local SEO, and SaaS content marketing! This diversity of experience has made Kameron an advocate for holistic marketing focused on improving the bottom line. You can find her work on publications like Botify, Moz, and SEJ.
Changes That Have Taken Traffic From Your Analytics
Tom CapperDistilledTom joined Distilled in 2013 as an analytics specialist, with the aim of applying his background in statistics and economics to his interest in all things internet. Now he leads our team of London consultants and our longest standing clients. He’ll be heading out to San Diego to help us understand our analytics data better than ever before.
SEO and CRO
Angie SchottmullerInteractive ArtisanAngie is the queen of conversion-centered content strategy and organic lead generation. She owns and operates Interactive Artisan, an agency out of Minnesota focused on delivering SEO and CRO powerplays to medium and large B2B and B2C businesses.
Mike KingipullrankMike leads an agency called iPullRank and specializes in content strategy, machine learning, SEO, paid media, and conversion rate optimization. He has a background in software and web development and will be joining us in San Diego to discuss how you can build a content machine for your brand.
Dominic WoodmanDistilledAfter a successful spell as Emcee for SearchLove London, we are delighted to announce that Dominic will be hosting this year’s San Diego conference. His day job consists of being a senior consultant for Distilled, perfectly positioning him to question our speakers and make sure we get every drop of knowledge from them.
SearchLove jump started my career and changed the way we do online marketing. Anyone who works in this industry needs to be there.Chase Richards, Kaplan International.
Check out some clips of industry leaders speaking at previous SearchLove conferences.
Keep me informed about this and other conferences
Every session takes place in the same room. That means no difficult decisions and no rushing around between presentations.
Get feedback on your website at a site clinic.
Keynote style sessions
Our in-house team looks after every detail: fresh food prepared with local ingredients, rock-solid wi-fi and that chilled beer when you're finished for the day.
Your exclusive entrance to the grand pacific ocean. Based right on the waterfront with views out over the marina. Rock solid Wi-Fi will keep delegates online, as they place their laptops on the desks in the classroom-style setting.
Make the most of your time at SearchLove by staying on site at Kona Kai Resort.
Our discounted room rate is $184 per night plus taxes. You can purchase hotel nights directly through us when you purchase your conference ticket. Alternatively, you can access our group rate here.
- Meet your industry peers and compare experiences
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest actionable techniques to use back in the office
- Widen your field of knowledge on a diverse range of topics
The whole vibe is amazing! You get the latest trends, tips and cases from speakers who actually want to speak openly about search, and not just show off their success. It is the single most inspirational event I have ever attended. Morten Bergestad.
- Be inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest techniques to use back in the office
- Get to know your industry peers and compare experiences
- Widen your field of knowledge across a diverse range of topics
Relevant topics, fact based analysis, real-life examples and engaging speakers gave sound advice and really reminded me why I love SEO. I'll definitely be back next year. James Bavington, Creare Group.
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn how to integrate marketing campaigns for optimum effect
- Hear about predictions and future trends in search
- Share experiences and ideas with other people in the industry
Expect to be entertained, educated and instilled with confidence either that you are doing the right things or knowing exactly what to do to improve. Katherine Dawson, Owner & Creative Director of Strategy Digital.
- Get to grips with all the latest skills and techniques
- Be inspired by success stories from a diverse range of companies
- Ask questions to industry leaders who run businesses
- Spend focused time on the most relevant topics
Distilled events cut through all of the industry hype to focus on sensible and practical advice that I can use in my business right now. Ade Lewis, Teapot Creative.
- Can I pay via invoice / purchase order number?
- Yes, email us at email@example.com for full details. The invoice must be paid immediately on receiving the invoice.
- Are there any group discounts?
- Yes, we offer buy 4 get 1 free, buy 8 get 2 free, and so on. If these aren’t suitable, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do I need to be an expert to attend the conference?
- Not at all, people of all experience levels are welcome. We do pitch our sessions at an advanced level to make sure the content is new and inspiring. However, if there is something that you are unclear on, please come and chat to one of our team or a fellow delegate during the breaks. We’re a friendly bunch!
- Will I receive a paper ticket?
- No, we don’t issue any paper tickets for our conferences. Instead, you should receive a confirmation email once you have purchased your ticket(s). Then, when you arrive at registration on the morning of the conference, you will need to come to the desk and collect your lanyard.
- What are the timings on the day?
- On day 1, registration opens at 8am, and the first session starts at 9am. The last session finishes at around 5.30pm followed by our networking party. On day 2, the first session starts at 9.15am, and the last session finishes at around 5pm followed by our industry drinks.
- Are refreshments provided?
- Very much so! A delicious lunch is provided to all delegates, as well as a light breakfast, plus coffee, tea and snacks throughout the day.
- Will I receive the slides after the conference?
- Yes, all the slides are linked to from our live page: distilled.net/live. This is also where you can provide feedback for our events team and our speakers
- Are there opportunities to ask the speakers questions?
- Yes, there are lots of networking opportunities throughout the two days: during the breaks, at the party and industry drinks, as well as the VIP dinner. We also try to schedule a Q&A with the speaker after each presentation.
- Is this event for me? I am in-house / agency / freelance / a business owner.
- Yes, it’s for everyone. We cover a wide variety of topics and areas. Read more in the ‘Is this for me?’ section on each conference’s promotional page.
- Will the conference be recorded?
- Yes, we film all of our conferences and you can purchase a video ticket in the tickets section. Alternatively, if you’re a paid member of DistilledU, you will receive all of our conference videos for free.
- Can I pitch to speak at the conferences?
- You can submit a pitch to speak at SearchLove here: https://goo.gl/forms/mFbgUFQSucgLJEUT2
- VIP Dinner? Tell me more!
- For VIP ticket holders only, the dinner is a fantastic chance to spend time with the conference’s expert speakers. We always choose an up-market venue with a private dining room, delicious food and wine. This is a not-to-miss evening!
- Future Conferences - can I be kept informed?
- To be the first to hear about the conference series, sign up for Email Alerts here