Day 1 – Thursday 24th March
How The Top 1% of SEO and Content Strategies Do It: A Breakdown of the Best Performing Tactics
Andy CrestodinaOrbit Media StudiosFrom the first keyphrase to the final click, this session connects all the dots. Learn how to build a bridge between the Google search results page and your website’s lead form and make that bridge a fast-flowing highway of continuous demand. What topic naturally attracts links? What formats are outperformers? Which collaborators are most important? Which tools and reports show you the best opportunities fast? Learn the most effective tactics according to research, 20-years of SEO and experience with 1000+ clients. Andy will walk through the process for driving rankings, relationships and relevance.
Maximize your use of Google Analytics 4!
Krista SeidenKS DigitalMaybe you've been running Google Analytics 4, aka GA4, alongside Universal Analytics for a while now. Or maybe you haven't even started. Well, now is the time, because everything is about to change! GA4 is here and it's here to stay. In this session, Krista will walk you through the ins and outs of GA4 and show you some cool new things to help you maximize your use of Google Analytics.
Appeasing the Google Gods
Dani GonzalesBrainlabsA Paid Search Marketer's Perspective on the combined powers of PPC and SEO
Community Speaker: How to Passively Generate Links
Alex HeinzNorth Star InboundStatistics posts aren’t the only things that earn links organically. In this presentation, you’ll learn how to use AHREFs to identify and qualify opportunities that have passive link potential, even if you’re a mid-tier site. Alex will share the types of terms to evaluate, examples, link outcomes, and tips on how to create a strategy for your brand that will drive value over time.
Community Speaker: Tracking Content Hubs in Google Data Studio
Jeremy GalanteClickUpAre your organic goals segmented by keyword groups and clusters? How are you measuring growth over time for each category? Harness the flexibility of Google Data Studio by visualizing your content hubs with pre-filtered performance reports. In this session, Jeremy walks through his approach to creating dashboard hubs in Data Studio and highlights the benefits of tracking keyword rankings with pivot tables.
Is Core Web Vitals Worth the Investment?
Kathy BrownSearchmetricsMany SEO and developer teams spent countless hours during 2021 preparing for the Page Experience Update that rolled out during the summer of 2021, only to notice not much changed with their SEO performance. Does that mean that investing in better Core Web Vitals isn’t worth it? Not so fast. In this session we’ll explore how to measure CWV, the case for CWV beyond SEO and how to get started.
Unmasking Imposter Syndrome: 6 Lessons From a Marketing Fraud
Tiffany DaSilvaDaSilva ConsultingWe've all been there. You finally step foot into the job you've wanted forever only to feel like you aren't good enough for the role, or worse, a complete fraud. You're not alone, an estimated 70% of people from all walks of life, both men and women experience imposter syndrome at some point in their careers. In this talk, Tiffany shares her own experiences along with the framework and tools she uses every day to eliminate it.
How to Prioritize SEO Strategy to get Buy-in & See Results
Travis TallentBrainlabsUsing an SEO Value Matrix based on first-hand experimentation, you'll leave this keynote ready to build process into your SEO strategy so you're able to get buy-in from execs, team members, and successfully tackle projects that yield results.
Janitors Don't Talk to CEOs
Wil ReynoldsSEER InteractiveSEO is Janitorial ... I need links (check). I need an audit (check). I need 19 pieces of content a week (check). I need a ranking report (check). How confusing outputs (a to-do list of tasks to be checked) with outcomes (what completing that to-do list enables) is why search is often at the kiddie table of marketing. In this presentation Wil shares how knowing too much about search hurt his career, internal examples of how he level up his staff, and how everything changed when he started asking "consultant questions" to dig deeper.
Day 2 – Friday 25th March
Every Best Practice you’ve Learned for E-commerce SEO is Wrong
Mike KingipullrankEffective SEO is a combination of art and science, yet, for many marketers, it's a series of checklists and best practices. However, for e-commerce, if you rely solely on those best practices, you will often find yourself losing out to sites that eschew them entirely. In this talk, you'll learn which best practices are worth ignoring, don't hold up for e-commerce sites, and how you can always work at the cutting edge to drive the best results.
Design Data-Driven Reports That Turn Critics into Cheerleaders
Amy HebdonPaid Search MagicClient reporting needs an overhaul. Most dashboards and templates are built for marketers, not stakeholders, leaving clients confused and resistant to important take-aways. In this session, we'll borrow the best ideas from journalism, psychology, data visualization, information design, conversion copywriting and storytelling to prepare reports that matter to your audience, promote emotional buy-in and drive meaningful change.
Neuromarketing Mind Hacks That Will Make Your Content Marketing More Effective and Drive More Leads
Flavilla Fongang3 Colours RuleWhat if you had the roadmap to hack into the mind of your customers and create campaigns that always deliver? The most successful marketers and digital marketers have achieved great success by applying successfully neuromarketing mind hacks to engage and convert prospects more effectively. Flavilla will present what neuromarketing is and its relevance. Through various case studies show how her agency has run the most effective marketing campaigns even with micro-budget generating a large number of leads for her clients and how established brands do it too.
Community Speaker: How To Get Sh*t Done When You're The Only SEO
Lindsay MineoThe Nature ConservancyNot all in-house SEO teams are, well, teams. Solitary SEOs might work with fewer resources or leadership that's still learning the value of digital marketing. Compared to agencies, where everyone lives and breathes SEO, this can be isolating. But it has its advantages and it's more than possible to be effective! I'll discuss how to make friends on other teams, find your advocates, minimize conflict, and get your hands dirty. If you're starting SEO from scratch, or want to be more effective on a less developed team, this is for you.
Amazon - Search Engine or Shop?
David HutchinsonBrainlabs"In this session, we will dive into what makes Amazon similar to other search engines, awkward, refreshing and something to pay attention to. Is it the end purchase destination, or in fact somewhere where awareness and consideration happens? What are the similarities between organic SEO and paid search on Amazon versus Google and some of the core differences. In this session David Hutchinson SVP at Brainlabs will dive into why Amazon excites him and will give tips and tricks to consider to make sure you can talk and optimize paid and organic listings, confidently on Amazon. "
What Syndicating 4,000+ Stories Revealed About the Content that Publishers Love
Amanda MilliganStackerIn this session, I’ll discuss the elements of our most successful content. You’ll be able to take these insights and tweak your content marketing approach to earn more brand coverage (and thus brand authority and links). At the end of the session, you'll better understand what makes content interesting to journalists and how you can incorporate the learnings into your own SEO and content strategies.
How to Kickoff a Winning Content Strategy: Lessons from 50+ Engagements
Emily CampbellSiege MediaA successful content strategy starts long before content creation begins. At Siege, we’ve shifted how we kick off content engagements, resulting in more thoughtful strategies and higher ROI for content efforts. In this presentation, Emily will walk you through what our team has learned from kicking off 50+ content engagements — while simultaneously hiring 30+ content marketers. She’ll share both operational tips for scaling content strategy as a growing agency, as well as tactical suggestions applicable for both in-house brands and agency teams.
How Google's Money Motivations are Driving Four Significant Changes to Search
Daniel RussellGo Fish DigitalHey Google, is it “Don’t Be Evil” or “Make as Much Money as Possible”? We talk so often about the What of SEO evolution that we sometimes forget about the Why. In this session, we’ll create a financial lens to analyze SEO and explore how Google's money motivations are driving four significant changes to search. By the end of this session, you’ll be able to tell if the algorithm was actually updated to make the search engine better or just to increase profitability, and how to adapt your strategies for the future.
Misunderstood Concepts at the Heart of SEO
Will CritchlowBrainlabsThe basics of SEO are technical accessibility, relevance, quality, and authority. Or: can it be crawled, does it meet a keyword need, and is it trustworthy? In each of these areas, we need to build on solid foundational understanding and find the areas where advanced understanding will give us an edge. Will’s recent research has shown common gaps in understanding, and highlighted interesting advanced topics. In this wide-ranging session, he guarantees you’ll learn something, and you’ll come away with training guidelines for the basics.
SearchLove jump started my career and changed the way we do online marketing. Anyone who works in this industry needs to be there.Chase Richards, Kaplan International.
Check out some clips of industry leaders speaking at previous SearchLove conferences.
Keep me informed about this and other conferences
Every session takes place in the same room. That means no difficult decisions and no rushing around between presentations.
Get feedback on your website at a site clinic.
Keynote style sessions
Our in-house team looks after every detail: fresh food prepared with local ingredients, rock-solid wi-fi and that chilled beer when you're finished for the day.
The best part of the entire event is making friends with so many of the amazing people in our industry. Mackenzie Fogelson, Mack Web.
After a busy time learning, unwind at our lunches and parties. Hang out with the people you've been chatting to online and make new contacts.
Clink glasses with all the speakers at this exclusive gathering. The small group will tuck into gourmet food and wine while talking through any hot topics in online marketing.
Glowing fires, evening sun, a beer in your hand. The beach makes for a vibrant party atmosphere where plenty of food and a generous drinks tab will keep us all in high spirits.
These drinks serve up another chance to speak to anyone you missed the day before. Wind-down and exchange contact details as the waves lap by the marina.
SearchLove is the can't miss search event of the year. David Wilson.
Your exclusive entrance to the grand pacific ocean. Based right on the waterfront with views out over the marina. Rock solid Wi-Fi will keep delegates online, as they place their laptops on the desks in the classroom-style setting.
Make the most of your time at SearchLove by staying on site at Kona Kai Resort.
Our discounted room rate is $189 per night plus taxes. You can purchase hotel nights directly through us when you purchase your conference ticket. Alternatively, you can access our group rate here.
An exceptional event, top speakers, up-to-date content and very well organised. David Sayce, Ince & Co.
- Meet your industry peers and compare experiences
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest actionable techniques to use back in the office
- Widen your field of knowledge on a diverse range of topics
The whole vibe is amazing! You get the latest trends, tips and cases from speakers who actually want to speak openly about search, and not just show off their success. It is the single most inspirational event I have ever attended. Morten Bergestad.
- Be inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest techniques to use back in the office
- Get to know your industry peers and compare experiences
- Widen your field of knowledge across a diverse range of topics
Relevant topics, fact based analysis, real-life examples and engaging speakers gave sound advice and really reminded me why I love SEO. I'll definitely be back next year. James Bavington, Creare Group.
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn how to integrate marketing campaigns for optimum effect
- Hear about predictions and future trends in search
- Share experiences and ideas with other people in the industry
Expect to be entertained, educated and instilled with confidence either that you are doing the right things or knowing exactly what to do to improve. Katherine Dawson, Owner & Creative Director of Strategy Digital.
- Get to grips with all the latest skills and techniques
- Be inspired by success stories from a diverse range of companies
- Ask questions to industry leaders who run businesses
- Spend focused time on the most relevant topics
Distilled events cut through all of the industry hype to focus on sensible and practical advice that I can use in my business right now. Ade Lewis, Teapot Creative.
- Can I pay via invoice / purchase order number?
- Yes, please get in touch: email@example.com for full details. The invoice must be paid immediately upon receipt and in advance of the conference taking place.
- Are there any group discounts?
- Yes, we offer buy 4 get 1 free, buy 8 get 2 free, and so on. If these aren’t suitable, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do I need to be an expert to attend the conference?
- Not at all, people of all experience levels are welcome. We do pitch our sessions at an advanced level to make sure the content is new and inspiring. However, if there is something that you are unclear on, please come and chat to one of our team or a fellow delegate during the breaks. We’re a friendly bunch!
- Will I receive a paper ticket?
- No, we don’t issue any paper tickets for our conferences. Instead, you should receive a confirmation email once you have purchased your ticket(s). Then, when you arrive at registration on the morning of the conference, you will need to come to the desk and collect your lanyard.
- What are the timings on the day?
- On day 1, registration opens at 8am, and the first session starts at 9am. The last session finishes at around 5.30pm followed by our networking party. On day 2, the first session starts at 9.15am, and the last session finishes at around 5pm followed by our industry drinks.
- Are refreshments provided?
- Very much so! A delicious lunch is provided to all delegates, as well as a light breakfast, plus coffee, tea and snacks throughout the day.
- Will I receive the slides after the conference?
- Yes, all the slides are linked to from our live page: distilled.net/live. This is also where you can provide feedback for our events team and our speakers
- Are there opportunities to ask the speakers questions?
- Yes, there are lots of networking opportunities throughout the two days: during the breaks, at the party and industry drinks, as well as the VIP dinner. We also try to schedule a Q&A with the speaker after each presentation.
- Is this event for me? I am in-house / agency / freelance / a business owner.
- Yes, it’s for everyone. We cover a wide variety of topics and areas. Read more in the ‘Is this for me?’ section on each conference’s promotional page.
- Will the conference be recorded?
- Yes, we film all of our conferences and you can purchase a video ticket in the tickets section. Alternatively, if you’re a paid member of DistilledU, you will receive all of our conference videos for free.
- Can I pitch to speak at the conferences?
- You can submit a pitch to speak at SearchLove in 2022 here: https://forms.gle/4ata89DkBVW3CKz46
- VIP Dinner? Tell me more!
- For VIP ticket holders only, the dinner is a fantastic chance to spend time with the conference’s expert speakers. We always choose an up-market venue with a private dining room, delicious food and wine. This is a not-to-miss evening!
- Future Conferences - can I be kept informed?
- To be the first to hear about the conference series, sign up for Email Alerts here