Philadelphia - June 20th & 21st 2022
Power up your skills over two days, with cutting-edge digital marketing presentations.
From analytics and optimization, to content and paid promotions, all the crucial topics are covered.
You must be COVID-19 vaccinated to attend this conference.
Day 1 – Monday 20th June
Emcee & Welcome
My 10 Consulting "Power Questions"
Wil ReynoldsSEER InteractiveWe study how to speak, we get rewarded for speaking on stages, but how much time do we spend studying how to ask questions? I was outsold by a company that outsourced all their SEO overseas. It was a moment that made me ask...why - vs saying "those clients don't get it" - it was that self reflection that lead to my fascination with learning how to ask better questions. In this presentation I'll give you my 10 favorite questions, how they have made me better at sales, coaching my team, and consulting with my clients.
Topics, Taxonomies, and Tabaxis: Navigating Entities in SERP
Get sh*t done: How to make friends & show results with SEO strategy
Travis TallentBrainlabsUsing an SEO Strategy Framework based on first-hand experimentation, you'll leave this keynote ready to build process into your SEO strategy so you're able to get buy-in from execs, team members, and successfully tackle projects that yield results.
Merging Product Management & SEO: Where Search Engines & User Delight Converge
Leslie ToCoinbaseProduct Management & SEO can sometimes have diametrically opposed goals - PMs care deeply about building features & products quickly whereas SEOs care deeply about building search-friendly sites slowly & incrementally. Especially in a vertical where things are constantly changing (I'm talking about SEO and Crypto), how do you balance product needs against SEO requirements? What if you're building a feature no one's even looking for yet? And how can you possibly predict how (and what) users will search if the keywords they're searching for don't even exist yet? And how do you win over Product and convince them to build YOUR SEO feature? Let's talk about it!
Preparing for Google Analytics 4: Taking a Bite into the Future of Data
Colleen HarrisSincro DigitalThe one consistent in digital marketing is consistent change. Between algorithms and tools, there’s something new every day we have to react to. Google changed up their strategy with the release of Google Analytics 4. Their release comes with time to upgrade and learn their new tool but only if you start taking advantage of it now. This session, preparing your website data for Google Analytics 4, is a practical look at getting started in GA4. You’ll see the major differences between Universal Google Analytics and GA4, tools to update data in GA4, plus a strategy on how anyone can start to feel comfortable in GA4 today!
5 Ways SEO can be much more Short Term through Reactive Marketing
Carrie RoseRise at SevenIn this talk, Carrie will bust the myth that SEO is a long term game, and share 5 ways in which SEO can be short term through reactive marketing, tracking consumer search behaviour live and how to impact rankings at speed by tying PR, content and reactive search behaviour together. She will cover the importance of Google news, and how PR is becoming a central part of SEO for building immediate trust and authority. She will explain 2 case studies of creating pos 1 rankings by jumping on changes in search demand and how to keep rankings long term.
What Syndicating 4,000+ Stories Revealed About the Content that Publishers Love
Amanda MilliganStackerIn this session, I’ll discuss the elements of our most successful content. You’ll be able to take these insights and tweak your content marketing approach to earn more brand coverage (and thus brand authority and links). At the end of the session, you'll better understand what makes content interesting to journalists and how you can incorporate the learnings into your own SEO and content strategies.
Every Best Practice You’ve Learned for E-commerce SEO is Wrong
Mike KingipullrankEffective SEO is a combination of art and science, yet, for many marketers, it's a series of checklists and best practices. However, for e-commerce, if you rely solely on those best practices, you will often find yourself losing out to sites that eschew them entirely. In this talk, you'll learn which best practices are worth ignoring, don't hold up for e-commerce sites, and how you can always work at the cutting edge to drive the best results.
How Google's Money Motivations are Driving Four Significant Changes to Search
Daniel RussellGo Fish DigitalHey Google, is it “Don’t Be Evil” or “Make as Much Money as Possible”? We talk so often about the What of SEO evolution that we sometimes forget about the Why. In this session, we’ll create a financial lens to analyze SEO and explore how Google's money motivations are driving four significant changes to search. By the end of this session, you’ll be able to tell if the algorithm was actually updated to make the search engine better or just to increase profitability, and how to adapt your strategies for the future.
Day 2 – Tuesday 21st June
The State of E-A-T in 2022
Lily RayAmsive DigitalE-A-T (expertise, authority and trust) has been a hot topic in the SEO industry for the past years, although Google has continued to be somewhat cryptic about how exactly it works. Learn about tried & true methods of implementing E-A-T best practices, how to analyze E-A-T and the role E-A-T currently plays in the SERPs.
Into the Great Unknown
Noah LearnerTwo OctobersCreating content is hard, and that’s when we have data we can lean into. What happens when we have no data? New Site? New Vertical? New Topic Area? In this talk we'll go beyond keyword research to explore how to build topic maps, and internal linking maps (that align with Google's understanding) to help you conquer NEW SERPS and win more budget from stakeholders along the way.
The Next Frontier of Search: Social Search Engines
Rachel VandernickThe Vander GroupThe days are gone of social/search silos. With search engines rushing to make deals with [or trying to!] Twitter/Instagram/YouTube/TikTok to include social content in search results, social content has never had more value to search than now. Understanding how social fits into the user journey and path to purchase is critical, as well as understanding how each algorithm surfaces content to aid discovery of new users. Both SEM and social marketing have increasing overlap from time spent on site, perceived authority, advertising opportunities and goals of direct user acquisition and conversion. There is an immense opportunity to beef up search results with social content is ripe for the taking if you know what you're doing.
Facebook/Meta Post IOS 14 Emerging Best Pratices
The Future of Search: Exploring Apple's 'upcoming' Search Engine
Search, Sale, Ring Ring and Kerching - Exploring the Metrics that Matter in Local SEO
Claire CarlileBrightLocalAs marketers, local ranking reports are useful for tracking our clients' organic visibility, as well as that of their competitors. But do they give us the insight we need to truly understand how our local SEO efforts are contributing to a client’s bottom line? Do they tell us which parts of the Google Business Profile are driving conversions? Do they provide the evidence we need to secure additional budget or resources for our local SEO work? Spoiler alert: no, they don't! In this talk, Claire dives into the local SEO metrics that’ll finally help you do all of these things and more.
The Science of Persuasion
Andi JarvisEximo Marketing
What You Don't Know About Your Audience is Killing Your Marketing
Rand FishkinSparkToroWhere do your customers discover they have the problem you solve? How do they go about researching it? When, whether, and how do they decide to buy? We all know that the buyer's journey is long, complex, and multi-channel, yet most of our marketing reflects only the few, easily-researchable tactics (search keywords, ad placements, etc). In this presentation, Rand's going to blow that process wide open with a path anyone can follow to understand pre-purchase behavior: the influence map. Come for the tactical tips and practical tools, stay for the strategic approach that will give you a massive advantage over your narrowly-optimizing competitors.
SearchLove is still the best conference event the industry has to offer. Fantastic time, great speakers and amazing networking events. Nathan Turner, iPullRank
Check out some clips of industry leaders speaking at previous SearchLove conferences.
Keep me informed about this and other conferences
Every session takes place in the same room. That means no difficult decisions and no rushing around between presentations.
All of our speakers get a 40 minute slot, allowing them to deep dive into data and give more insights than they could during a shorter session.
Keynote style sessions
Our in-house team looks after every detail: fresh food prepared with local ingredients, rock-solid wi-fi and that chilled beer when you're finished for the day.
After a busy day of learning, unwind at our parties. Meet your fellow attendees, our speakers and the BrainLabs team, perhaps discussing a new idea or just relaxing together.
Dine in style with the event speakers at this intimate and exclusive gathering. Small groups will enjoy great food and drinks while asking the experts for advice and tips. VIP ticket holders only.
Relax after day one at our SearchLove party, where a vibrant atmosphere awaits. Grab some food, sip a drink and catch up with old friends and make new ones along the way.
Take one last chance to socialize at SearchLove with our industry drinks. Attendees and industry professionals can enjoy another opportunity to chat before they leave.
The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
The hotel is in the heart of Logan Square downtown, steps from The Franklin Institute and Philadelphia Museum of Art.
The conference is set up in a classroom-style setting with every delegate getting desk space, access to power points & that all-important wifi.
Make the most of your time at SearchLove by staying on-site at The Logan Philadelphia.
Our discounted room rate is $234 per night plus taxes. You can purchase hotel nights directly through us when you purchase your conference ticket.
SearchLove is a great, intimate conference with top-notch speakers who are available to answer questions, or just generally chat. This was my second year, and I'll be returning for a third for sure. Amazing content for SEO professionals, whether working for an agency or in-house! Stephen Cribben, Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD
- Can I pay via invoice / purchase order number?
- Yes, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org for full details. The invoice must be paid immediately upon receipt and in advance of the conference taking place.
- Are there any group discounts?
- Yes, we offer buy 4 get 1 free, buy 8 get 2 free, and so on. If these aren’t suitable, please get in touch: email@example.com
- Do I need to be an expert to attend the conference?
- Not at all, people of all experience levels are welcome. We do pitch our sessions at an advanced level to make sure the content is new and inspiring. However, if there is something that you are unclear on, please come and chat to one of our team or a fellow delegate during the breaks. We’re a friendly bunch!
- Will I receive a paper ticket?
- No, we don’t issue any paper tickets for our conferences. Instead, you should receive a confirmation email once you have purchased your ticket(s). Then, when you arrive at registration on the morning of the conference, you will need to come to the desk and collect your lanyard.
- What are the timings on the day?
- On day 1, registration opens at 8am, and the first session starts at 9am. The last session finishes at around 5.30pm followed by our networking party. On day 2, the first session starts at 9.15am, and the last session finishes at around 5pm followed by our industry drinks.
- Are refreshments provided?
- Very much so! A delicious lunch is provided to all delegates, as well as a light breakfast, plus coffee, tea and snacks throughout the day.
- Will I receive the slides after the conference?
- Yes, all the slides are linked to from our live page: distilled.net/live. This is also where you can provide feedback for our events team and our speakers
- Are there opportunities to ask the speakers questions?
- Yes, there are lots of networking opportunities throughout the two days: during the breaks, at the party and industry drinks, as well as the VIP dinner. We also try to schedule a Q&A with the speaker after each presentation.
- Is this event for me? I am in-house / agency / freelance / a business owner.
- Yes, it’s for everyone. We cover a wide variety of topics and areas. Read more in the ‘Is this for me?’ section on each conference’s promotional page.
- Will the conference be recorded?
- Yes, we film all of our conferences and you can purchase a video ticket in the tickets section. Alternatively, if you’re a paid member of DistilledU, you will receive all of our conference videos for free.
- Can I pitch to speak at the conferences?
- You can submit a pitch to speak at SearchLove in 2022 here: https://forms.gle/4ata89DkBVW3CKz46
- VIP Dinner? Tell me more!
- For VIP ticket holders only, the dinner is a fantastic chance to spend time with the conference’s expert speakers. We always choose an up-market venue with a private dining room, delicious food and wine. This is a not-to-miss evening!
- Future Conferences - can I be kept informed?
- To be the first to hear about the conference series, sign up for Email Alerts here