London - 14th & 15th October, 2019
Power up your skills and thinking over two days. Industry leaders will reveal exactly how to stay at the cutting edge of online marketing. From analytics and optimization, to content and paid promotions, all the crucial topics are covered. You’ll be joining search marketers from across the world at this London event, where the most ambitious minds of the community meet amongst the buzz of the tech capital.
6 Lessons from a Marketing Fraud: How to Stop Imposter Syndrome & Get S@# Done.
Tiffany Da SilvaDaSilva ConsultingIn this session, Tiffany discusses how 70% of people from all walks of life, both men and women experience imposter syndrome at some point in their careers. Tiffany will be sharing her own experiences along with the framework and tools she uses every day to eliminate it.
The Search Landscape in 2019
Rand FishkinSparkToroIn this broad look at search trends and searcher data, Rand will explore the key changes affecting search marketers and those seeking to earn influence through Google. From zero-click searches, to tough choices on structured data, to the new ways Google is using information consensus and weighting particular types of authority, this presentation will make every marketer a more strategic thinker about search.
Giving Robots an All Access Pass
Jes ScholzRingierOptimising crawl budget and encouraging search engine indexation are concepts most SEOs are familiar with. But the devil is in the details. Especially as best practices have altered in recent years and will do so again with the introduction of indexing APIs by both Google and Bing. Should you control crawlers with robots directives? Or XML sitemaps? Or submit via the APIs? Or just let Google figure it out? In this session, Jes will delve into the optimal way to get your content into search engines fast.
Scaling Keyword Research: More Isn't Better
Dr. Pete MeyersMOZTraditional keyword research has been a numbers game, but as SEO evolves, more is no longer better. SEO in 2020 will require deep keyword insight, including understanding brand influence, search intent, synonyms, and content. Findings from enterprise case studies suggest better ways to approach keyword research at scale.
Practical Tips for Improving E-A-T
Marie HaynesMarie Haynes Consulting Inc.By now you have likely heard of Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trust and its importance in Google's algorithms. But how do we improve a site's E-A-T? This talk will give real life examples of sites that made changes to their E-A-T and saw traffic increases shortly afterwards. The goal is to send you away with a list of things you can accomplish to help improve in this area.
Advanced Lessons on SEO Foundation Topics
Will CritchlowDistilledThe basics of SEO are technical accessibility, relevance, quality, and authority. Or: can it be crawled, does it meet a keyword need, and is it trustworthy? In each of these areas, we need to build on solid foundational understanding, and find the areas where advanced understanding will give us an edge. Will’s recent research has shown common gaps in understanding, and highlighted interesting advanced topics. In this wide-ranging session, he guarantees you’ll learn something, and you’ll come away with training guidelines for the basics.
Can Anything in SEO Be Proven? A Deep Dive into SEO A/B Testing
Emily PotterDistilledSEO Split Tests have allowed us to be able to say with confidence that a specific change either hurts or helps organic traffic - for that specific site. However, we still often don't have to answer to why the change caused an uplift or decline in organic traffic. Following years of running SEO split tests across various industries, I took a deeper dive into the impact of tests on CTR and rankings to try and find trends in what really does work, what never works, and what just continues to be a shot in the dark.
Doc Brown's Plutonium-powered Local SEO Playbook
Greg GiffordWikimotiveWith the assistance of Doc Brown, Greg's back from the future with a detailed playbook for Local SEO in 2020. If you're working with a business with a physical location or that serves customers in a particular geographic area, this presentation will outline exactly what you need to do if you want more visibility in local searches in 2020. Learn how Local SEO is different, how to write and optimize content, how to build local links, how to make a better first impression with Google My Business, and how to rock your customer reviews. You'll learn everything you need to know to help your business stand out from competitors and attract more customers in 2020.
Managing Multinational & Multilingual SEO in Motion
Lindsay WassellKeyphraseologyInternational SEO is difficult at the best of times. Maintaining and, hopefully, growing organic search traffic through phased re-architecture and migration of multinational and multilingual organizations is even more complex. Together we’ll look at specific challenges and opportunities from recent complex project examples.
Using Qualitative Data to Make Human-centered Decisions
Sarah GurbachSeer InteractiveSarah will be presenting a variety of ways that search marketers can acquire and analyze qualitative data to compliment ever-present quantitative data. These methods include customer interviews, on-site recordings, tools and polls and surveys. She'll be showing you how to process all this data and will provide real-life examples of how this has been used with previous clients.
The Science of Persuasion
Andi JarvisEximo MarketingScientists have been studying how the brain works to try and unlock its secrets for hundreds of years. Since the emergence of marketing in the 1950s, many people have focused on how the brain affects our buying behaviour. In this presentation, Andi will breakdown the research and give you some tips that can improve your conversion rates.
Spying On Google: 5 Ways to Use Log File Analysis To Reveal Invaluable SEO Insights
Faisal AndersonBlue Array
Deconstructing the Language of the SERPs
The Complete Guide to Actionable Speed Audits
Miracle Inameti-ArchibongErudite LTD
Technical SEO & CRO
Luke CarthyMayFlexLuke is an out and out eCommerce expert. For anyone that follows him on Twitter he lives and breathes eCommerce and technical SEO. Luke joined us in 2018 as a community speaker and has since gone on to speak at conferences across the world and his next stop will be London to share his deep knowledge and love of technical SEO.
Excel? It Would Be Easier to Go to Jupyter
Robin LordDistilledRobin takes a look at the kind of things we're doing the hard way, every day, and explores how we could make our lives easier and our work better with Jupyter notebooks.
SEO & Content Marketing
Stacey MacNaughtMacNaught DigitalStacey is a freelance SEO and content marketing consultant and supports UK businesses in delivering revenue growth through content and organic search. She has spoken on conference stages all over the UK and we are excited to have her join us at SearchLove for the first time.
SearchLove jump started my career and changed the way we do online marketing. Anyone who works in this industry needs to be there.Chase Richards, Kaplan International.
Check out some clips of industry leaders speaking at previous SearchLove conferences.
Keep me informed about this and other conferences
Every session takes place in the same room. That means no difficult decisions and no rushing around between presentations.
Get feedback on your website at a site clinic.
Keynote style sessions
Our in-house team looks after every detail: fresh food prepared with local ingredients, rock-solid wi-fi and that chilled beer when you're finished for the day.
The best part of the entire event is making friends with so many of the amazing people in our industry. Mackenzie Fogelson, Mack Web.
After a busy time learning, unwind at our lunches and parties. We create lots of opportunities for you to better get to know your community.
Dine in style with the SearchLove speakers at this intimate gathering. Small groups will enjoy fine cuisine and drinks at an exclusive restaurant while asking the experts for advice and tips. VIP ticket holders only.
We love to party! Join us at Amber Bar straight after sessions end on Monday. A vibrant atmosphere awaits just a short walk away. Lots of food and a generous drinks tab will keep energy levels high as everyone parties at this cool venue.
It's not over yet. At this second evening's event, attendees are joined by local industry professionals for a few more drinks and a chance to re-cap the two days.
SearchLove is the can't miss search event of the year. David Wilson.
Dating back to 1750, the London Brewery combines historic charm with modern comfort in its present role as a conference venue. Rock solid Wi-Fi will keep delegates online, as they place their laptops on the desks in the classroom-style setting.
Location: 52 Chiswell Street, London, EC1Y 4SD
Make the most of your time at SearchLove by staying right next door to the conference venue. We have a discounted rate with The Montcalm - London City. Reservation requests can be emailed to email@example.com or by calling 0207 479 2233 and quoting reference: DIST131019.
Sunday 13th October: £140+vat per room, including breakfast and Wi-Fi (sole occupancy). £150+ vat per room double occupancy
Monday 14th & Tuesday 15th October: £210+vat per room, per night, including breakfast and Wi-Fi (sole occupancy). £220 + vat per room double occupancy.
Please note: The above rates are subject to availability and they end on September 13th 2019.
We also have a HotelMap setup which displays all the hotels in the area and the rates available: https://www.hotelmap.com/pro/MXBB2
At the networking events I spoke directly to industry leaders who listened to my problems and gave me concrete solutions to take back to the office. MyIrishJeweler.
- Meet your industry peers and compare experiences
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest actionable techniques to use back in the office
- Widen your field of knowledge on a diverse range of topics
The whole vibe is amazing! You get the latest trends, tips and cases from speakers who actually want to speak openly about search, and not just show off their success. It is the single most inspirational event I have ever attended. Morten Bergestad.
- Be inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest techniques to use back in the office
- Get to know your industry peers and compare experiences
- Widen your field of knowledge across a diverse range of topics
Relevant topics, fact based analysis, real-life examples and engaging speakers gave sound advice and really reminded me why I love SEO. I'll definitely be back next year. James Bavington, StrategiQ.
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn how to integrate marketing campaigns for optimum effect
- Hear about predictions and future trends in search
- Share experiences and ideas with other people in the industry
Expect to be entertained, educated and instilled with confidence either that you are doing the right things or knowing exactly what to do to improve. Katherine Dawson, Owner & Creative Director of Strategy Digital.
- Get to grips with all the latest skills and techniques
- Be inspired by success stories from a diverse range of companies
- Ask questions to industry leaders who run businesses
- Spend focused time on the most relevant topics
Distilled events cut through all of the industry hype to focus on sensible and practical advice that I can use in my business right now. Ade Lewis, Teapot Creative.
- Can I pay via invoice / purchase order number?
- Yes, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for full details. The invoice must be paid immediately on receiving the invoice.
- Are there any group discounts?
- Yes, we offer buy 4 get 1 free, buy 8 get 2 free, and so on. If these aren’t suitable, please get in touch: email@example.com
- Do I need to be an expert to attend the conference?
- Not at all, people of all experience levels are welcome. We do pitch our sessions at an advanced level to make sure the content is new and inspiring. However, if there is something that you are unclear on, please come and chat to one of our team or a fellow delegate during the breaks. We’re a friendly bunch!
- Will I receive a paper ticket?
- No, we don’t issue any paper tickets for our conferences. Instead, you should receive a confirmation email once you have purchased your ticket(s). Then, when you arrive at registration on the morning of the conference, you will need to come to the desk and collect your lanyard.
- What are the timings on the day?
- On day 1, registration opens at 8am, and the first session starts at 9am. The last session finishes at around 5.30pm followed by our networking party. On day 2, the first session starts at 9.15am, and the last session finishes at around 5pm followed by our industry drinks.
- Are refreshments provided?
- Very much so! A delicious lunch is provided to all delegates, as well as a light breakfast, plus coffee, tea and snacks throughout the day.
- Will I receive the slides after the conference?
- Yes, all the slides are linked to from our live page: distilled.net/live. This is also where you can provide feedback for our events team and our speakers
- Are there opportunities to ask the speakers questions?
- Yes, there are lots of networking opportunities throughout the two days: during the breaks, at the party and industry drinks, as well as the VIP dinner. We also try to schedule a Q&A with the speaker after each presentation.
- Is this event for me? I am in-house / agency / freelance / a business owner.
- Yes, it’s for everyone. We cover a wide variety of topics and areas. Read more in the ‘Is this for me?’ section on each conference’s promotional page.
- Will the conference be recorded?
- Yes, we film all of our conferences and you can purchase a video ticket in the tickets section. Alternatively, if you’re a paid member of DistilledU, you will receive all of our conference videos for free.
- Can I pitch to speak at the conferences?
- You can submit a pitch to speak at SearchLove here: https://goo.gl/forms/mFbgUFQSucgLJEUT2
- What is the Site Clinic?
- These sessions are first come first served and are by appointment only – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a slot. We will respond with a series of questions about your site so that our consultants can prepare for your appointment ahead of time. There are very limited spaces for the clinic, and your appointment will last no longer than ten minutes, so please arrive on time.
- VIP Dinner? Tell me more!
- For VIP ticket holders only, the dinner is a fantastic chance to spend time with the conference’s expert speakers. We always choose an up-market venue with a private dining room, delicious food and wine. This is a not-to-miss evening!
- Future Conferences - can I be kept informed?
- To be the first to hear about the conference series, sign up for Email Alerts here