London - 14th & 15th October, 2019
Power up your skills and thinking over two days. Industry leaders will reveal exactly how to stay at the cutting edge of online marketing. From analytics and optimization, to content and paid promotions, all the crucial topics are covered. You’ll be joining search marketers from across the world at this London event, where the most ambitious minds of the community meet amongst the buzz of the tech capital.
Day 1 – Monday 14th October
Practical Tips for Improving E-A-T
Marie HaynesMarie Haynes Consulting Inc.By now you have likely heard of Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trust and its importance in Google's algorithms. But how do we improve a site's E-A-T? This talk will give real life examples of sites that made changes to their E-A-T and saw traffic increases shortly afterwards. The goal is to send you away with a list of things you can accomplish to help improve in this area.
Using Qualitative Data to Make Human-centered Decisions
Sarah GurbachSeer InteractiveSarah will be presenting a variety of ways that search marketers can acquire and analyze qualitative data to compliment ever-present quantitative data. These methods include customer interviews, on-site recordings, tools and polls and surveys. She'll be showing you how to process all this data and will provide real-life examples of how this has been used with previous clients.
An Update from Distilled
Will CritchlowDistilledJoin Will Critchlow as he discusses what has been happening at Distilled since last year's conference, and get to recognise the faces of the people behind each of our teams so you can come and say hi.
Doc Brown's Plutonium-powered Local SEO Playbook
Greg GiffordWikimotiveWith the assistance of Doc Brown, Greg's back from the future with a detailed playbook for Local SEO in 2020. If you're working with a business with a physical location or that serves customers in a particular geographic area, this presentation will outline exactly what you need to do if you want more visibility in local searches in 2020. Learn how Local SEO is different, how to write and optimize content, how to build local links, how to make a better first impression with Google My Business, and how to rock your customer reviews. You'll learn everything you need to know to help your business stand out from competitors and attract more customers in 2020.
Finding Powerful CRO and UX Opportunities Using SEO Crawlers
Luke CarthyMayFlexAn SEO crawler is a staple tool in any SEO pro's toolkit, but have you ever considered using such a tool to seek out powerful CRO opportunities? Luke is an out and out ecommerce expert who'll be sharing tips and takeaways on how to leverage custom extraction with an SEO crawler to improve ecommerce conversion rates and enhance UX.
The Science of Persuasion
Andi JarvisEximo MarketingScientists have been studying how the brain works to try and unlock its secrets for hundreds of years. Since the emergence of marketing in the 1950s, many people have focused on how the brain affects our buying behaviour. In this presentation, Andi will breakdown the research and give you some tips that can improve your conversion rates.
Building a Discoverability Powerhouse: Lessons from Integrating Organic Search, Paid Search & Performance Content
Heather PhysiocVMLY&RSearch is a channel that can’t live in a silo. In order to be its most effective, search teams have to collaborate successfully across paid, organic, content and more. Get tips for integrating and collaborating from the hard knocks and learnings of merging an organic, paid and performance content team into one Discoverability group. Find out how we went from three teams of individual experts to one integrated Discoverability powerhouse, and learn from our mistakes and wins as you apply the principles in your own company.
Excel? It Would Be Easier to Go to Jupyter
Robin LordDistilledRobin takes a look at the kind of things we're doing the hard way, every day, and explores how we could make our lives easier and our work better with Jupyter notebooks.
Giving Robots an All Access Pass
Jes ScholzRingierOptimising crawl budget and encouraging search engine indexation are concepts most SEOs are familiar with. But the devil is in the details. Especially as best practices have altered in recent years and will do so again with the introduction of indexing APIs by both Google and Bing. Should you control crawlers with robots directives? Or XML sitemaps? Or submit via the APIs? Or just let Google figure it out? In this session, Jes will delve into the optimal way to get your content into search engines fast.
Let's Get Real
All SpeakersOne rule: no tweeting whilst you hear all of our speakers give away one awesome tip. The only way to see what’s shared is to be there.
Networking Party sponsored by MozTake some time to unwind and discuss the day, as we head to a nearby venue for drinks, games, and nibbles. This is the perfect opportunity to introduce mingle with speakers, the Distilled team and fellow attendees.
Day 2 – Tuesday 15th October
The Search Landscape in 2019
Rand FishkinSparkToroIn this broad look at search trends and searcher data, Rand will explore the key changes affecting search marketers and those seeking to earn influence through Google. From zero-click searches, to tough choices on structured data, to the new ways Google is using information consensus and weighting particular types of authority, this presentation will make every marketer a more strategic thinker about search.
Can Anything in SEO Be Proven? A Deep Dive into SEO A/B Testing
Emily PotterDistilledSEO Split Tests have allowed us to be able to say with confidence that a specific change either hurts or helps organic traffic - for that specific site. However, we still often don't have to answer to why the change caused an uplift or decline in organic traffic. Following years of running SEO split tests across various industries, I took a deeper dive into the impact of tests on CTR and rankings to try and find trends in what really does work, what never works, and what just continues to be a shot in the dark.
Segments: How To Get Juicy Insights & Avoid The Pips!
Jill QuickThe Coloring in DepartmentLooking at all of your Google Analytics data at once sucks like a sour lemon. If you don’t segment the data, you will never find the good, the bad, or the wonderful. Plus, we all know that your customers take different journeys on your awesome website, so you want to know how your marketing channels perform, and how to find your best customers, as well as how to enhance channels and help customers that are struggling. Segments can be super sweet and juicy, but there are a few pips that you’ll want to avoid, the kind of pips that get lodge in your reporting throat and choke you on your own “insights.” You want to use Google Analytics to find answers to your question like an easy-peel clementine, so let’s dive into what you can do with these little gems.
Using the SERPs to Know Your Audience
Rory TruesdaleConductorIt’s easy to get swept away by monthly search volume and to forget that behind every search there is a person with a specific motivation and set of needs to fulfil. This talk will look at how you can use Google’s algorithmic rewriting of the SERPs to help you identify those motivations so you can effectively optimise for intent and query context to improve the ranking performance of your landing pages. This talk will also help you understand how you can use this information to create more tailored online experiences for your prospective customers and how the same workflows can be applied for more general business intelligence insights.
The Complete Guide to Actionable Speed Audits: Getting Your Developer to Work with You
Miracle Inameti-ArchibongErudite LTDIn a recent Twitter poll, search professional stated that getting developers to implement recommendations is one of the most difficult part of their jobs. We have all been there, taking the pains to audit a site and provide best practice recommendations only to hit a stone wall. In this talk, Miracle will cover practical steps to getting developers to take your recommendations seriously.
Spying on Google: Using Log File Analysis to Reveal Invaluable SEO Insights
Faisal AndersonBlue ArrayLog File Analysis is rarely touched on by the average SEO... but you're missing out on data that is pure gold. Imagine not "guesstimating" how Googlebot and other crawlers behave on a website with traditional crawling tools and actually knowing how Google is crawling a client's site? Imagine not having to play by the 1000 row limit in search console (without delving into the coding or the API) and having limitless data? All of this and more can be done with Log File Analysis. Learn how to actually get log files from clients (without making their brain hurt from excessive SEO jargon) and handle different Log File Types & how to diagnose any crawling issue by analysing crawling rates by sub-folder or by crawl depth, seeing behaviours on low value add URLs, reviewing how Googlebot behaves based on page speed and much, much more! This talk is for any level of SEO, and starts from the absolute basics to more advanced checks that can be performed quickly to bring massive value to clients and reveal big wins for any website.
Scaling Keyword Research: More Isn't Better
Dr. Pete MeyersMOZTraditional keyword research has been a numbers game, but as SEO evolves, more is no longer better. SEO in 2020 will require deep keyword insight, including understanding brand influence, search intent, synonyms, and content. Findings from enterprise case studies suggest better ways to approach keyword research at scale.
Managing Multinational & Multilingual SEO in Motion
Lindsay WassellKeyphraseologyInternational SEO is difficult at the best of times. Maintaining and, hopefully, growing organic search traffic through phased re-architecture and migration of multinational and multilingual organizations is even more complex. Together we’ll look at specific challenges and opportunities from recent complex project examples.
Actioning Search Intent: What to Do with All That Data
Stacey MacNaughtMacNaught DigitalSearch Intent analysis can give us a ton of really insightful data. But what do we do with it all? In this session, Stacey talks us through using data acquired through Search Intent to create revenue and traffic driving assets on your website. She'll share practical examples of using this data to win back previously lost rankings and generate more ££ through organic search.
Misunderstood Concepts at the Heart of SEO: Get an Edge by Understanding These Areas
Will CritchlowDistilledThe basics of SEO are technical accessibility, relevance, quality, and authority. Or: can it be crawled, does it meet a keyword need, and is it trustworthy? In each of these areas, we need to build on solid foundational understanding, and find the areas where advanced understanding will give us an edge. Will’s recent research has shown common gaps in understanding, and highlighted interesting advanced topics. In this wide-ranging session, he guarantees you’ll learn something, and you’ll come away with training guidelines for the basics.
Closing Words and Thanks!Closing words from our emcee.
Industry DrinksAfter two days of talks and learning, it's time to relax. This year, we are heading to the Singer Tavern for our industry drinks sponsored by Moz. Feel free to bring along a colleague or friend for you last chance to hang out with our speakers, team and other attendees.
SearchLove jump started my career and changed the way we do online marketing. Anyone who works in this industry needs to be there.Chase Richards, Kaplan International.
Check out some clips of industry leaders speaking at previous SearchLove conferences.
Keep me informed about this and other conferences
Every session takes place in the same room. That means no difficult decisions and no rushing around between presentations.
Get feedback on your website at a site clinic.
Keynote style sessions
Our in-house team looks after every detail: fresh food prepared with local ingredients, rock-solid wi-fi and that chilled beer when you're finished for the day.
The best part of the entire event is making friends with so many of the amazing people in our industry. Mackenzie Fogelson, Mack Web.
After a busy time learning, unwind at our lunches and parties. We create lots of opportunities for you to better get to know your community.
Dine in style with the SearchLove speakers at this intimate gathering in the iconic Gherkin building. Small groups will enjoy fine cuisine and drinks at this exclusive venue while asking the experts for advice and tips. VIP ticket holders only.
We love to party! Join us at the Balls Brothers straight after sessions end on Monday. A vibrant atmosphere awaits just a short walk away. Lots of food and a generous drinks tab will keep energy levels high as everyone parties at this cool venue.
It's not over yet. At this second evening's event, attendees are joined by local industry professionals for a few more drinks and a chance to re-cap the two days.
SearchLove is the can't miss search event of the year. David Wilson.
Dating back to 1750, the London Brewery combines historic charm with modern comfort in its present role as a conference venue. Rock solid Wi-Fi will keep delegates online, as they place their laptops on the desks in the classroom-style setting.
Location: 52 Chiswell Street, London, EC1Y 4SD
Make the most of your time at SearchLove by staying right next door to the conference venue. We have a discounted rate with The Montcalm - London City. Reservation requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0207 479 2233 and quoting reference: DIST131019.
Sunday 13th October: £140+vat per room, including breakfast and Wi-Fi (sole occupancy). £150+ vat per room double occupancy
Monday 14th & Tuesday 15th October: £210+vat per room, per night, including breakfast and Wi-Fi (sole occupancy). £220 + vat per room double occupancy.
Please note: The above rates are subject to availability and they end on September 13th 2019.
We also have a HotelMap setup which displays all the hotels in the area and the rates available: https://www.hotelmap.com/pro/MXBB2
At the networking events I spoke directly to industry leaders who listened to my problems and gave me concrete solutions to take back to the office. MyIrishJeweler.
- Meet your industry peers and compare experiences
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest actionable techniques to use back in the office
- Widen your field of knowledge on a diverse range of topics
The whole vibe is amazing! You get the latest trends, tips and cases from speakers who actually want to speak openly about search, and not just show off their success. It is the single most inspirational event I have ever attended. Morten Bergestad.
- Be inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest techniques to use back in the office
- Get to know your industry peers and compare experiences
- Widen your field of knowledge across a diverse range of topics
Relevant topics, fact based analysis, real-life examples and engaging speakers gave sound advice and really reminded me why I love SEO. I'll definitely be back next year. James Bavington, StrategiQ.
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn how to integrate marketing campaigns for optimum effect
- Hear about predictions and future trends in search
- Share experiences and ideas with other people in the industry
Expect to be entertained, educated and instilled with confidence either that you are doing the right things or knowing exactly what to do to improve. Katherine Dawson, Owner & Creative Director of Strategy Digital.
- Get to grips with all the latest skills and techniques
- Be inspired by success stories from a diverse range of companies
- Ask questions to industry leaders who run businesses
- Spend focused time on the most relevant topics
Distilled events cut through all of the industry hype to focus on sensible and practical advice that I can use in my business right now. Ade Lewis, Teapot Creative.
- Can I pay via invoice / purchase order number?
- Yes, email us at email@example.com for full details. The invoice must be paid immediately on receiving the invoice.
- Are there any group discounts?
- Yes, we offer buy 4 get 1 free, buy 8 get 2 free, and so on. If these aren’t suitable, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do I need to be an expert to attend the conference?
- Not at all, people of all experience levels are welcome. We do pitch our sessions at an advanced level to make sure the content is new and inspiring. However, if there is something that you are unclear on, please come and chat to one of our team or a fellow delegate during the breaks. We’re a friendly bunch!
- Will I receive a paper ticket?
- No, we don’t issue any paper tickets for our conferences. Instead, you should receive a confirmation email once you have purchased your ticket(s). Then, when you arrive at registration on the morning of the conference, you will need to come to the desk and collect your lanyard.
- What are the timings on the day?
- On day 1, registration opens at 8am, and the first session starts at 9am. The last session finishes at around 5.30pm followed by our networking party. On day 2, the first session starts at 9.15am, and the last session finishes at around 5pm followed by our industry drinks.
- Are refreshments provided?
- Very much so! A delicious lunch is provided to all delegates, as well as a light breakfast, plus coffee, tea and snacks throughout the day.
- Will I receive the slides after the conference?
- Yes, all the slides are linked to from our live page: distilled.net/live. This is also where you can provide feedback for our events team and our speakers
- Are there opportunities to ask the speakers questions?
- Yes, there are lots of networking opportunities throughout the two days: during the breaks, at the party and industry drinks, as well as the VIP dinner. We also try to schedule a Q&A with the speaker after each presentation.
- Is this event for me? I am in-house / agency / freelance / a business owner.
- Yes, it’s for everyone. We cover a wide variety of topics and areas. Read more in the ‘Is this for me?’ section on each conference’s promotional page.
- Will the conference be recorded?
- Yes, we film all of our conferences and you can purchase a video ticket in the tickets section. Alternatively, if you’re a paid member of DistilledU, you will receive all of our conference videos for free.
- Can I pitch to speak at the conferences?
- You can submit a pitch to speak at SearchLove here: https://goo.gl/forms/mFbgUFQSucgLJEUT2
- VIP Dinner? Tell me more!
- For VIP ticket holders only, the dinner is a fantastic chance to spend time with the conference’s expert speakers. We always choose an up-market venue with a private dining room, delicious food and wine. This is a not-to-miss evening!
- Future Conferences - can I be kept informed?
- To be the first to hear about the conference series, sign up for Email Alerts here