London - 15th & 16th October, 2018
Power up your skills and thinking over two days. Industry leaders will reveal exactly how to stay at the cutting edge of online marketing. From analytics and optimization, to content and paid promotions, all the crucial topics are covered. You’ll be joining search marketers from across the world at this London event, where the most ambitious minds of the community meet amongst the buzz of the tech capital.
SearchLove jump started my career and changed the way we do online marketing. Anyone who works in this industry needs to be there.Chase Richards, Kaplan International.
Check out some clips of industry leaders speaking at previous SearchLove conferences.
Keep me informed about this and other conferences
Every session takes place in the same room. That means no difficult decisions and no rushing around between presentations.
Get feedback on your website at a site clinic.
Keynote style sessions
Our in-house team looks after every detail: fresh food prepared with local ingredients, rock-solid wi-fi and that chilled beer when you're finished for the day.
User Research Done Right
Els AertsAGConsultUser research, understanding your users and finding out what makes them tick, is crucial to driving growth. In this talk, Els will share some of her favourite tools and showcase where user research made all the difference.
The two-tiered SERP: Ranking for the most competitive terms
Tom CapperDistilledLike it or loathe it, as SEOs we often find ourselves being asked to explain rankings, especially for highly visible head terms - but I’ve noticed in the last few years that for these most competitive terms, the normal rules don’t always apply. In this talk, I’ll dig into whether and how Google is going beyond our normal understanding of ranking factors, and how we need to react.
Wil ReynoldsSEER Interactive
Local Search Has Changed - Here’s What’s Working in 2018
Darren ShawWhitesparkLocal search has evolved. The usual suspects of citations, reviews, Google My Business, website optimization, and links still drive the algorithm. But with the tightening of proximity and most conversions happening on Google rather than your website, your strategy and tactics need to change. Darren will present the latest results from the 2018 Local Search Ranking Factors survey along with new research data and show you what you need to focus on to succeed in today’s local search landscape.
Why people say no: how to spend less time fighting fear and more time getting shit done
Kirsty HulseManymindsWhen managing creative campaigns, one of the most important factors is a strong, compelling idea. More often than not, these can be the most original, most unique and consequently most daunting. In a world where creativity is key, but we live in a risk mitigation work culture, how can we encourage those around us to put their fears and objections to one side and embrace the potential of bravery.
A year of SEO split testing changed how I thought SEO worked
Dominic WoodmanDistilledIf you asked a UX professional whether users prefer one image or two on a blog post, they'd tell you to test it — trying to double guess users is foolish. Yet for many companies, SEO has no testing at all, just endless reams of best practice and hand waving. Last year I changed role and got the chance to treat SEO differently, running over 50 tests across different websites. This session will give an insight into what worked, and just as importantly, what didn’t.
What an email marketer can teach you about life after GDPR
No one wants to watch another commercial
Julie ScottOnion LabsWhen is the last time you scrolled through your social feed excited to click on ads? If you said never, you’re not the only one. Consumers don’t want to watch another ad. They want to be entertained. Onion Labs is the content division inside the walls of The Onion. Julie will share how Onion Labs has combined the best comedy writers in the U.S. with some incredibly talented marketers to create a custom content studio that teaches brands to leverage comedy & entertainment to reach the publisher’s coveted target audience.
How Distance and Intent Shape a Local Pack
Rob BucciSTAT Search AnalyticsSince we can’t always rely on a searcher to state when their intent is local, we should look to keywords where that intent is implied. But is Google any good at interpreting implicit local intent? And is it treated the same as explicit intent? Google decides what queries mean, so it’s important to understand that decision when building out a tracking strategy. In his talk, Rob will unpack the local pack, revealing how Google handles different kinds of intent and what elements go into shaping this local SERP mainstay.
Newsjacking: How To Add to the Story and Earn Big Links in Real Time
Ryan CharlesHireAHelperWe live in a world of real-time news and instant responses. As marketers, this gives us more opportunity than ever to become part of a story and earn links. It’s more affordable and less time consuming than you think, and anyone can do it. But using that tool comes with its own risks, special considerations, and unique rewards, as Ryan Charles found out. After years of newsjackings both big and small, his team completely newsjacked the news of the San Diego Chargers NFL franchise relocating to L.A. Learn from Ryan on how to potentially facilitate big, viral moments, how to best manage them when you get one, and how to add to the story without being a “Newsjackass”.
How to use SEO Data to Increase the Performance of PR Campaigns
Rebecca BrownBuiltvisibleI'll be talking through various types of data, which are traditionally used by SEOs but are often neglected by the PR industry. The talk will be aimed at both SEO and PR professionals who are looking to collaborate, and will provide a substantial list of actionable ideas and tips on how SEO data can feed directly into PR strategy.
Creating Effective ecommerce Information Architecture
Jamie AlbericoArrow ElectronicsUsers come to your site on a quest. They have a mission and a goal. When they feel smart and sophisticated on your website, they tend to stick around. Information architecture focuses on organizing content and functionality so that your site presents the best user experience it can. Jamie will delve into how information architecture can help your website level up.
People are complex, here's what you need to know to sell to them
Andi JarvisEximo MarketingMany marketers think marketing is about the latest tech, or advertising hack or way to game Google. But it's not. At its heart, marketing is about people. This presentation is about the bad decisions people make, why they make them and how you can use this to make better marketing decisions. Delving into academic research to find studies about how people behave, outline the implications and give examples of best practice from companies making the most of this knowledge.
Controlling branded SERPs and preventing negative press
Laura HoganRicemediaWe all know branded search is vital to all our strategies - from direct traffic, to PPC, social and organic. Yet it often feels like we forget about our branded real estate in SERPs, where if there's negative press on page one this can be the difference between our potential customer converting or not. This session will give actionable advice, case studies and examples of what you can do to help remove those negative pieces and how you can make sure you control your branded SERPs.
How to nail SEO for discontinued products
Luke CarthyMayFlexMany businesses have a habit of simply booting their discontinued items off their websites once they reach the end of the line. Great for housekeeping and keeping things lean, but can be a huge "hell naw" when it comes to SEO. In doing so we lose huge ranking and conversion opportunities. This session will be covering the right way to optimise discontinued products, provide an awesome UX for customers, recycle 'link juice' and lap up all cross-sell opportunities too!
The best part of the entire event is making friends with so many of the amazing people in our industry. Mackenzie Fogelson, Mack Web.
After a busy time learning, unwind at our lunches and parties. We create lots of opportunities for you to better get to know your community.
Dine in style with the SearchLove speakers at this intimate gathering. Small groups will enjoy fine cuisine and drinks at an exclusive restaurant while asking the experts for advice and tips. VIP ticket holders only.
We love to party! Join us at Amber Bar straight after sessions end on Monday. A vibrant atmosphere awaits just a short walk away. Lots of food and a generous drinks tab will keep energy levels high as everyone parties at this cool venue.
It's not over yet. At this second evening's event, attendees are joined by local industry professionals for a few more drinks and a chance to re-cap the two days.
SearchLove is the can't miss search event of the year. David Wilson.
Dating back to 1750, the London Brewery combines historic charm with modern comfort in its present role as a conference venue. Rock solid Wi-Fi will keep delegates online, as they place their laptops on the desks in the classroom-style setting.
Location: 52 Chiswell Street, London, EC1Y 4SD
Registration opens at 8am on Monday 15th October.
Make the most of your time at SearchLove by staying right next door to the conference venue. We have a discounted rate with The Montcalm - London City. Reservation requests can be emailed to email@example.com or by calling 0207 479 2233 and quoting reference: DIST151018.
Sunday 14th October: £140+vat per room, including breakfast and Wi-Fi (sole occupancy)
Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th October: £210+vat per room, per night, including breakfast and Wi-Fi (sole occupancy)
Please note: The above rates are subject to availability and they end on September 14th 2018.
We also have a HotelMap setup which displays all the hotels in the area and the rates available.
At the networking events I spoke directly to industry leaders who listened to my problems and gave me concrete solutions to take back to the office. MyIrishJeweler.
- Meet your industry peers and compare experiences
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest actionable techniques to use back in the office
- Widen your field of knowledge on a diverse range of topics
The whole vibe is amazing! You get the latest trends, tips and cases from speakers who actually want to speak openly about search, and not just show off their success. It is the single most inspirational event I have ever attended. Morten Bergestad.
- Be inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest techniques to use back in the office
- Get to know your industry peers and compare experiences
- Widen your field of knowledge across a diverse range of topics
Relevant topics, fact based analysis, real-life examples and engaging speakers gave sound advice and really reminded me why I love SEO. I'll definitely be back next year. James Bavington, StrategiQ.
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn how to integrate marketing campaigns for optimum effect
- Hear about predictions and future trends in search
- Share experiences and ideas with other people in the industry
Expect to be entertained, educated and instilled with confidence either that you are doing the right things or knowing exactly what to do to improve. Katherine Dawson, Owner & Creative Director of Strategy Digital.
- Get to grips with all the latest skills and techniques
- Be inspired by success stories from a diverse range of companies
- Ask questions to industry leaders who run businesses
- Spend focused time on the most relevant topics
Distilled events cut through all of the industry hype to focus on sensible and practical advice that I can use in my business right now. Ade Lewis, Teapot Creative.
- Can I pay via invoice / purchase order number?
- Yes, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for full details. The invoice must be paid immediately on receiving the invoice.
- Are there any group discounts?
- Yes, we offer buy 4 get 1 free, buy 8 get 2 free, and so on. If these aren’t suitable, please get in touch: email@example.com
- Do I need to be an expert to attend the conference?
- Not at all, people of all experience levels are welcome. We do pitch our sessions at an advanced level to make sure the content is new and inspiring. However, if there is something that you are unclear on, please come and chat to one of our team or a fellow delegate during the breaks. We’re a friendly bunch!
- Will I receive a paper ticket?
- No, we don’t issue any paper tickets for our conferences. Instead, you should receive a confirmation email once you have purchased your ticket(s). Then, when you arrive at registration on the morning of the conference, you will need to come to the desk and collect your lanyard.
- What are the timings on the day?
- On day 1, registration opens at 8am, and the first session starts at 9am. The last session finishes at around 5.30pm followed by our networking party. On day 2, the first session starts at 9.15am, and the last session finishes at around 5pm followed by our industry drinks.
- Are refreshments provided?
- Very much so! A delicious lunch is provided to all delegates, as well as a light breakfast, plus coffee, tea and snacks throughout the day.
- Will I receive the slides after the conference?
- Yes, all the slides are linked to from our live page: distilled.net/live. This is also where you can provide feedback for our events team and our speakers
- Are there opportunities to ask the speakers questions?
- Yes, there are lots of networking opportunities throughout the two days: during the breaks, at the party and industry drinks, as well as the VIP dinner. We also try to schedule a Q&A with the speaker after each presentation.
- Are there any discounted hotel rates?
- Make the most of your time at SearchLove by staying right next door to the conference venue. We have a discounted rate with The Montcalm - London City. Reservation requests can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0207 479 2233 and quoting reference: DIST151018. The rates: Sunday 14th October: £140+vat per room, including breakfast and Wi-Fi (sole occupancy) Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th October: £210+vat per room, per night, including breakfast and Wi-Fi (sole occupancy) Please note: The above rates are subject to availability and they end on September 14th 2018. -- We also have a HotelMap setup which displays all the hotels in the area and the rates available.ove
- Is this event for me? I am in-house / agency / freelance / a business owner.
- Yes, it’s for everyone. We cover a wide variety of topics and areas. Read more in the ‘Is this for me?’ section on each conference’s promotional page.
- Will the conference be recorded?
- Yes, we film all of our conferences and you can purchase a video ticket in the tickets section. Alternatively, if you’re a paid member of DistilledU, you will receive all of our conference videos for free.
- Can I pitch to speak at the conferences?
- You can submit a pitch to speak at SearchLove here: https://goo.gl/forms/mFbgUFQSucgLJEUT2
- What is the Site Clinic?
- These sessions are first come first served and are by appointment only – email us at email@example.com to book a slot. We will respond with a series of questions about your site so that our consultants can prepare for your appointment ahead of time. There are very limited spaces for the clinic, and your appointment will last no longer than ten minutes, so please arrive on time.
- VIP Dinner? Tell me more!
- For VIP ticket holders only, the dinner is a fantastic chance to spend time with the conference’s expert speakers. We always choose an up-market venue with a private dining room, delicious food and wine. This is a not-to-miss evening!
- Future Conferences - can I be kept informed?
- To be the first to hear about the conference series, sign up for Email Alerts here