Day 1 – Monday 10th June
Introduction to Day One
Kayla WalkerEmceeAfter thoroughly entertaining our audience in San Diego, Kayla will be taking to the SearchLove Boston stage for the first time. She'll be guiding us through two days of talks and sharing information on how to make the most of your SearchLove experience.
How To Identify Content Opportunities Worth Chasing
Ross Simmondsrosssimmonds.comWhether you're trying to generate leads, links, shares or more traffic - identifying great content opportunities is an important part of any content marketing effort. In this talk, Ross will share tried & tested techniques along with some clear examples of how these efforts can help any marketer in any industry uncover opportunities worth chasing.
How the Big Dogs Optimize for Searcher Intent
Daniel RussellGo Fish DigitalGoogle wants us to match our content with user intent and drive engagement with our web interfaces. Where to start? Well the biggest brands have the biggest budgets, the biggest teams, and the most on the line when it comes to their web interfaces. Their processes and tricks can be invaluable for small, big and every business in between. Learn from Amazon, Home Depot, and Allstate's websites and come away with how you can replicate optimization tactics that the big dogs use with their huge resources.
An Update from Distilled
The Two Tiered SERP: Ranking for the Most Competitive Terms
Tom CapperDistilledLike it or loathe it, as SEOs we often find ourselves being asked to explain rankings, especially for highly visible head terms but I’ve noticed in the last few years that for these most competitive terms, the normal rules don’t always apply. In this session, I'll talk through new data, examples, and real world tests to explore the hypotheses that Google is increasingly going beyond our normal understanding of ranking factors.
!Más PPC Por Favor! How to Break into Bilingual Search Campaigns
Francine RodriquezWordstreamEveryone wants más out of their PPC but as digital marketers we hit that search wall and start looking to new campaign types or networks to compensate when growth is stagnant. In this session I will cover how to grow your business by breaking into bilingual campaigns including how to decide if you are ready, the muy fácil path to start and best practices to follow.
How to (Aggressively) Grow Organic Traffic With a "Search Insights" Report
Growth Marketing Analytics
Krista SeidenQuantcastSpent a decade working in digital marketing, analytics and product management for major brands such as Adobe, The Apollo Group, Google and more recently Quantcast.
Google “You” vs Google “It”: The Real Future of Search Marketing
Veronica RomneyModernMarca + MyModernBrandSearch Engines have moved away from a keyword-first content mindset to an identity-first content experience. The only path ahead in the growing age of invisibility is to have an individual voice, a voice that is uniquely yours. In order to succeed, it's important that your brand be the authoritative source of information about your products, services, locations, and other key information. Discover how personal brands like Sheryl Sandberg, Gary Vee, Top Marketers and more have cut through the billions of web results and become their own unique story. Explore strategies for becoming a thought leader, and how you can leverage for SEO. Then study entities and why it is important to optimize your digital ecosystem to help Search Engines better understand your business. Get tips to get started. If you are not optimizing your brand for authority on your branded terms, you're losing traffic to someone else who may not be telling your story the way you want.
Even Better Together: New Ways for SEO and PPC to Work Together
Purna VirjiMicrosoftWe’ve heard it said many a time that SEO and PPC are better together, but what actions really matter and how should we prioritize our efforts? In this actionable, research-based session, Purna Virji will walk you through strategies and tactics you can apply today to drive revenue and customer satisfaction rates. The best part? These are all highly do-able – we’re not reinventing the wheel, we’re just taking what exists and applying it in more meaningful ways. We’ll even bust some PPC myths along the way!
Technical Content Optimization
Mike KingipullrankSearch engines have spent years telling marketers to just focus on "making great content," but what does that truly mean to a robot? When you dig into Information Retrieval, the Computer Science behind search engines, it becomes clear that there is a specific statistical expectation that drives the understanding of what content is relevant for which queries. In this talk, Mike will be discussing the text analysis concepts behind how content is processed and how we as marketers can harness it to develop more optimized content.
Let's Get Real
All SpeakersOne rule: no tweeting whilst you hear all of our speakers give away one awesome tip. The only way to see what’s shared is to be there.
Day 2 – Tuesday 11th June
Introduction to Day Two
Rob OusbeyEmceeRob has been the face of SearchLove for years now and will be returning to Boston to drill deeper into our speaker sessions to get the answers you really want to hear.
SEO + CRO: When ‘What’s Good for Users’ Isn’t Good for Google
Will CritchlowDistilledWe know that Google wants to align their results with the websites that make searchers happy. We expect to see more and more ranking factors that align with this - whether based on actual usage data, machine-learned equivalents, or simply from evaluating algorithm changes based on their impacts on usage. But on our journey to that point, it's important to realize that changes made to improve conversion rate or UX could harm search performance, and vice versa. How do we navigate this complexity? That's what Will is going to be covering.
10 Ways to Get Results with Local SEO
Joy HawkinsSterling Sky IncIn this session, Joy will be going through various case studies of real clients and highlighting what exactly she did to improve their Local SEO results and what the impact was.
The Modern Search Writer’s Toolkit
Kameron JenkinsSoapboxlyA few minutes in your favorite keyword research tool, a few minutes reading top results in Google, and a few hours drafting... that post will perform, right? Not so fast. The landscape is more saturated and algorithms are more mature than ever before. We need to think bigger. In this talk, Kameron will share what tools are in her “full-stack writer” toolkit along with clear examples of what this looks like put into practice.
Benchmarking Success for Client Sites, Competitors, and Industries
Derek GleasonCXLThere's only one KPI that every client has: more. More traffic, more leads—more of whatever metric you're reporting. Ten percent growth? Why wasn't it fifteen? Six hundred shares? Why wasn't it 1,000? If we can't set relative, valid benchmarks, we can't set expectations. Reporting becomes a Sisyphean task. This leads to friction with our direct contact and—critically—weakens the ability of our data to translate throughout an organization.
Search in 2020: Technologies That Will Change SEO
Tom AnthonyDistilledSigned exchanges? ITP? SEO is a constantly updating discipline, and to succeed we have to understand the technologies the web is running on. The current pace of change is high and there are a wealth of changes that are going to impact how we do effective SEO. Signed Exchanges mean Google can serve pages from your domain from their servers. Intelligent Tracking Prevention means that your analytics are about to be transformed. Googlebot updates may increase the pressure to adopt new web technologies to compete. In this session Tom is going to outline some of the important changes, help you understand what they mean for your SEO efforts, and show you how you can prepare.
Voice Search and Instant Answer Strategies That Scale
Courtney Cox WakefieldCWake DigitalThe introduction of voice answers and featured snippets requires significant time investment for SEO teams that are already struggling to keep up with expanding scope. This session will help digital marketers scale their instant answer research and optimization to get quick results without stretching contributors too thin.The introduction of voice answers and featured snippets requires significant time investment for SEO teams that are already struggling to keep up with expanding scope. This session will help digital marketers scale their instant answer research and optimization to get quick results without stretching contributors too thin.
Practical Tips for Improving E-A-T
Marie HaynesMarie Haynes Consulting Inc.By now you have likely heard of Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trust and its importance in Google's algorithms. But how do we improve a site's E-A-T? This talk will give real life examples of sites that made changes to their E-A-T and saw traffic increases shortly afterwards. The goal is to send you away with a list of things you can accomplish to help improve in this area.
Building Influence in 2019
Rand FishkinSparkToroAs web marketing undergoes its biggest shift in a decade, how we impact audiences needs to evolve. In this presentation, Rand shows how web marketers in content, search, social, and advertising (+ influencer marketing) can shift their strategic and tactical investments to align with what the big platforms offer, and how consumer behavior has changed, too.
SearchLove Boston 2019 will take place at Revere Hotel Boston Common. Located in the vibrant Theatre District, the Revere will be the home of the entire SearchLove experience.
This means you can make the most of the two-day event, with newly-redeveloped luxury accommodation, state-of-the-art conference space exclusively for SearchLove, and a selection of atmospheric dining options all housed under one roof.
Experience SearchLove in the heart of Boston
The Revere Hotel is home to Boston’s #1-rated rooftop bar, with unparalleled 360 views of one of America’s most historic cities.
There’s plenty of other options to enjoy a relaxed drink or refined dining experience, with the hotel home to a lobby bar and in-house Gastropub. Its central location means there’s also a plethora of restaurant options in easy walking distance from the hotel.
Keep me informed about this and other conferences
All the SearchLove sessions will take place in a single, dedicated room. That means no difficult decisions over which talks to attend; you’ll see them all.
With some of the best digital-marketing speakers on stage, more time on stage for each speaker means more cutting-edge advice and tactics for you.
Keynote style sessions
Fantastic food, reliable Wi-Fi, and a team of Distillers on hand to help. We also work hard to improve every year, and our code of conduct means a welcoming environment for all.
After a busy day of learning, unwind at our parties. Meet the people you have been chatting to online, perhaps to discuss a new idea or just enjoy some drinks together.
Dine in style with the event speakers at this intimate and exclusive gathering. Small groups will enjoy fine cuisine and drinks at a unique venue while asking the experts for advice and tips. VIP ticket holders only.
Taking place on the evening of SearchLove Boston day one, the networking party gives all the attendees and speakers a chance to get together in a more relaxed setting. There’ll also be a generous bar tab and plenty of food on offer.
The final chance to take in the SearchLove atmosphere, the industry drinks is a more relaxed occasion. Feel free to invite fellow industry professionals to come along for the evening for a chat before everyone heads home for another year.
Check out some clips of industry leaders speaking at previous SearchLove conferences.
- Meet your industry peers and compare experiences
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest actionable techniques to use back in the office
- Widen your field of knowledge on a diverse range of topics
The whole vibe is amazing! You get the latest trends, tips and cases from speakers who actually want to speak openly about search, and not just show off their success. It is the single most inspirational event I have ever attended. Morten Bergestad.
- Be inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn about the latest actionable techniques to use back in the office
- Get to know your industry peers and compare experiences
- Widen your field of knowledge across a diverse range of topics
Relevant topics, fact based analysis, real-life examples and engaging speakers gave sound advice and really reminded me why I love SEO. I'll definitely be back next year. James Bavington, Creare Group.
- Get inspired by new ideas and different ways of thinking about marketing
- Learn how to integrate marketing campaigns for optimum effect
- Hear expert advice on what does and doesn’t work
- Share experiences and ideas with other people in the industry
Expect to be entertained, educated and instilled with confidence either that you are doing the right things or knowing exactly what to do to improve. Katherine Dawson, Owner & Creative Director of Strategy Digital.
- Get to grips with all the latest skills and techniques
- Be inspired by success stories from a diverse range of companies
- Meet people who can help you to achieve your aims
- Ask questions to industry leaders
Distilled events cut through all of the industry hype to focus on sensible and practical advice that I can use in my business right now. Ade Lewis, Teapot Creative.
- Can I pay via invoice / purchase order number?
- Yes, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for full details. The invoice must be paid immediately on receiving the invoice.
- Are there any group discounts?
- Yes, we offer buy 4 get 1 free, buy 8 get 2 free, and so on. If these aren’t suitable, please get in touch: email@example.com
- Do I need to be an expert to attend the conference?
- Not at all, people of all experience levels are welcome. We do pitch our sessions at an advanced level to make sure the content is new and inspiring. However, if there is something that you are unclear on, please come and chat to one of our team or a fellow delegate during the breaks. We’re a friendly bunch!
- Will I receive a paper ticket?
- No, we don’t issue any paper tickets for our conferences. Instead, you should receive a confirmation email once you have purchased your ticket(s). Then, when you arrive at registration on the morning of the conference, you will need to come to the desk and collect your lanyard.
- What are the timings on the day?
- On day 1, registration opens at 8am, and the first session starts at 9am. The last session finishes at around 5.30pm followed by our networking party. On day 2, the first session starts at 9.15am, and the last session finishes at around 5pm followed by our industry drinks.
- Are refreshments provided?
- Very much so! A delicious lunch is provided to all delegates, as well as a light breakfast, plus coffee, tea and snacks throughout the day.
- Will I receive the slides after the conference?
- Yes, all the slides are linked to from our live page: distilled.net/live. This is also where you can provide feedback for our events team and our speakers
- Are there opportunities to ask the speakers questions?
- Yes, there are lots of networking opportunities throughout the two days: during the breaks, at the party and industry drinks, as well as the VIP dinner. We also try to schedule a Q&A with the speaker after each presentation.
- Is this event for me? I am in-house / agency / freelance / a business owner.
- Yes, it’s for everyone. We cover a wide variety of topics and areas. Read more in the ‘Is this for me?’ section on each conference’s promotional page.
- Will the conference be recorded?
- Yes, we film all of our conferences and you can purchase a video ticket in the tickets section. Alternatively, if you’re a paid member of DistilledU, you will receive all of our conference videos for free.
- Can I pitch to speak at the conferences?
- You can submit a pitch to speak at SearchLove here: https://goo.gl/forms/mFbgUFQSucgLJEUT2
- What is the Site Clinic?
- These sessions are first come first served and are by appointment only – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a slot. We will respond with a series of questions about your site so that our consultants can prepare for your appointment ahead of time. There are very limited spaces for the clinic, and your appointment will last no longer than ten minutes, so please arrive on time.
- VIP Dinner? Tell me more!
- For VIP ticket holders only, the dinner is a fantastic chance to spend time with the conference’s expert speakers. We always choose an up-market venue with a private dining room, delicious food and wine. This is a not-to-miss evening!
- Future Conferences - can I be kept informed?
- To be the first to hear about the conference series, sign up for Email Alerts here