Seattle Client Development Associate Role
We are not currently inviting applications for this role.
(This advert has been left up for posterity.)
Thanks for your interest in Distilled.
Distilled is a fast moving, top online marketing agency with offices in London, New York, and Seattle. Our Seattle office is looking for a talented individual with natural customer service skills, looking for a ground level role on a fast moving team. We need someone who is smart, creative, and able to pitch in any setting, be it formal or over a coffee. If you are keen to work in a start-up environment that rewards independent effort and hustle then you will fit right in.
- Work with the Client Development team to help create proposals and pitch our services to prospective clients.
- Research for proposals and RFPs.
- Serve as the first point of contact for new leads.
- Qualify leads and assess if the lead is valuable.
- Help team hit targets.
This is not your average sales role
- This position will not require cold calling. We believe in inbound marketing and developing relationships through recommendations. We work only with clients who are keen to work with Distilled.
- We try to avoid hierarchy and are keen to hear great ideas from everyone at Distilled.
- All of our Client Development team not only understands online marketing inside and out, but also what it means to our clients and how Distilled services should be customized to suit their needs.
- In our fast moving industry there are constant changes and we will expect you to be able to think on your feet, be a constant learner, and happy to work in a challenging environment.
- We all work together to hit targets and support each other on proposals and pitches.
About the Client Development Team
While you do not need to know SEO, PPC, CRO, inbound Marketing and Social Media inside and out, you should at the very least know what all of those acronyms mean and what our industry is all about. We live and breathe the internet so our ideal candidate is already active on social media and knows a bit about the power of search marketing.
We have a small team with a large scope for growth so this is a perfect role for a hungry, self-motivated sales person who is interested in growing into a talented sales person with a strong focus on building real client relationships. Our Seattle Client Development team is currently made up of one other Client Development Exec and reports to our Global Head of Client Development, based in London.
You will work directly with our Seattle Client Development Exec on a day-to-day basis, helping to support and grow our Seattle office. Distilled grows quickly, and our ideal person will love the challenges and opportunities that come from growth.
We are looking for someone who…
- Has experience in providing customer service, ideally via phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Is able to work independently, as well as part of a team, and is self motivated.
- Has fantastic writing and presentation skills.
- Is able to undertake research and analysis for new client opportunities and as a part of the pitching process.
- Is a very fast learner and is able to apply learning to day to day activities.
- Has a sense of humor.
- Has a passion for online marketing and search marketing in particular.
- Is hungry for a chance to move up quickly in the company and make the most of the uncapped growth opportunity.
What you will get from Distilled
- The ability to pitch to and work with some of the biggest brands in the world.
- The chance to join an established company with a start up mentality.
- A relaxed and fun working environment, with an energetic and passionate group of people.
- Individual freedom and responsibility to take ownership of problems and solve them in creative ways.
- A chance to shape your role within a growing team.
- World-class training in online marketing from some of the best in the industry.
- Beer O’clock every Friday at 4:30 pm.
- Distilled also provides fantastic benefits including a generous health insurance package and 20 paid vacation days.