Join us in Seattle, as a Search Marketer
Work will predominately be focused on promotion campaigns; typical tasks will include:
- Find and build relationships with bloggers, social media influencers, organizations, and new sites
- Participate and engage on social media sites
- Contribute ideas in content brainstorming sessions
- Promote content online
- Research and identify potential high quality advertising partners
- Test, prospect, and plan to help the team be more efficient and successful
- Communicate with SEO Consultants to discuss planning, strategies, and results
The role will be challenging; in return we offer:
- The ability to work with some of the biggest brands in the world
- World-class training from some of the best in the industry
- The chance to join an established company with a startup mentality
- Opportunities to attend our conferences and visit our other offices in New York and London
- A relaxed and fun working environment
- Individual freedom and responsibility to take ownership of problems and solve them in creative ways.
Some of our recent clients.
Distilled is a well-known name within the SEO industry and we enjoy a reputation for being experts at what we do. We have offices in London and Seattle and opened our New York office this summer. There are 35 of us in total – but we’re growing fast – and we are still 100% owned by the two directors.
We are aiming to build an environment that is the best place for the best people to work. We aren’t there yet, but we like to set ourselves lofty goals and we are constantly looking for ways to make this goal come true.
We contribute regularly to many of the leading industry blogs and we encourage our staff to speak at conferences worldwide. Last year we ran our own conference in London and this year we are expanding to include conferences in New Orleans, Boston and New York.
There are a number of perks of working at Distilled. You’ll be joining a team of people constantly trying to get better at what they do, and will receive world class training from some of the best in the industry.
You’ll receive a laptop and an extra screen, can listen to as much music as you’d like in the office (on headphones or on our snazzy network jukebox) and of course we have beer-o-clock on Friday afternoons.
We’ll ensure there are opportunities to meet the rest of the team in New York and London. You’ll be encouraged to speak at industry conferences and get the team’s support when preparing your presentation (which means Distilled presentations are normally ranked amongst the best at any conference). You’ll be joining an ambitious company where there are always opportunities to grab something and make it your own.
Working at Distilled is hard but always exciting and we are constantly offering opportunities to do amazing things. For example:
- Lynsey joined as PA to Will and Duncan and now is Head of Events running our conferences world-wide.
- Rob joined as an SEO Consultant and now is VP of Operations for our Seattle office.
- Ben joined the Seattle team in 2010 with no SEO experience but a huge capacity to learn fast and execute efficiently; he now provides consultancy for sites with millions of pages.
Distilled’s LinkLove seminar in 2011: Members of Team Distilled show how to relax after a day of linkbuilding training.
We are looking for someone who shares the same traits and ambitions as everyone else at Distilled. You will need to excel at getting stuff done, be super smart and never want to stop learning. You will be excelling in your current role – or your studies – and will want a new challenge.
You feel the need to push yourself so have various side projects you do just for the kicks. You are someone who instantly gets on with people, and enjoys meeting new people. Most of all you will know how to enjoy life and will want a company that encourages a fun working environment.
For this particular role, we are looking for people who can be enthusiastic and outgoing – in person, on the phone, and by email. You should also be experienced at using the internet. For example: you’ll regularly use the web to do research for academic/professional & personal projects; you’ll read lots of content online – from sites you trust and new sites that you’ve just discovered; you’ll probably use at least one social network / social media site for hanging out with friends and making new ones; you’ll probably also tend be an early adopter of new services, web apps as such.
May 2011: We’ve almost finished unpacking in our new downtown Seattle office.
Salary for a Search Marketer role will vary, based primarily on experience. We anticipate a salary of between $30,000 – $45,000 for this role, in addition to Distilled’s exceptional healthcare and vacation benefits.
We are hoping to run interviews in September, for a start date in September or October.