Administrative Assistant – Seattle
Distilled is looking for an ambitious Administrative Assistant to join our Seattle office. We are seeking an individual who is unflappable, efficient and has the capability and intelligence to take their own lead with the tasks assigned to them.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door with an exciting, fast growing company at the forefront of online marketing.
About the Role
Your main responsibilities will include:
- General office duties: answering the phone, taking messages, checking and scanning the mail, ordering office supplies
- Assisting with accounting / bookkeeping / HR tasks including processing of electronic records and QuickBooks data entry
- Assisting the sales team as needed by responding to general inquiries and acting as point of contact for Distilled’s online chat service
- Helping with event planning, such as networking events, conferences, all-hands meetings, and office parties
- Acting as main point of contact for our building manager and providing hospitality & assistance to visiting clients
- Helping organize travel plans for team members
- Assisting in promoting Distilled events / announcements via social media.
This list is simply a summary of your major responsibilities, but – as with any role in a small, agile company – you may be asked to go above and beyond this list.
We’re looking for a flexible worker with the drive and desire to achieve excellence.
Experience in this position is not obligatory; you need to be ready for the challenge and have the ambition to make this role your own. We are looking for someone who is super organized, good with people yet not afraid to take charge to get things done. You will be the first point of contact for people calling and visiting the office, so a friendly and personable character is a must.
We are looking for a self-motivated, hardworking individual with a great attitude and ability to get things done. We’d love it if you also have these attributes:
- Efficiency with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks (a major plus), PDF creation and more
- A good understanding of the internet (Experience with researching things online, and a familiarity with Twitter / Facebook / Reddit / Blog-o-sphere is a plus)
- Strong attention to detail, even when working to short deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine, proactive nature
- Sense of humor.
We will teach you everything you need to know to do your job effectively. In return, we need you to have the confidence to run with that knowledge and the courage to try new things.
Distilled is a growing company with big ambitions. We’re a well known name within the Online Marketing industry and enjoy a reputation for being experts at what we do. There are around fifty of us, across offices in London, New York and Seattle.
We aim to be the best place for the best people to work and you will be joining a team with a wealth of knowledge and experience who are always looking to share their expertise. You will be an integral part of what keeps Distilled moving forward.
Working at Distilled can be challenging but always exciting and we are constantly offering opportunities to do amazing things. For example:
Rob joined as an SEO Consultant in our
London office and now is COO,
based in our Seattle office
Lynsey joined as assistant to our
Directors, and now is Head of Events
running our conferences world wide.
How to Apply
This will be a full-time position, based in our Seattle office. You’ll be provided with a great office environment (including a personal $1200/year ‘happiness budget’), laptop + extra screen, and generous benefits. Plus, you’ll be welcomed in to a friendly, sociable team.
We anticipate a salary of $32,000 – $36,000 for this role.